Clemson vs Syracuse postgame notes
GA (Grayson HS)
Years Played: 2013 - 2016
Clemson Team Notes
* Clemson has now won 24 straight games over unranked opponents. All 24 of the wins have been by 5+ points.
* Clemson recorded its first-ever win against Syracuse at Memorial Stadium and improved to 2-1 all-time against the Orange.
* Clemson totaled four sacks in tonight’s game. The Tigers have now recorded at least three sacks in each of their last seven games. Clemson also racked up 12 tackles for loss in the game.
* Clemson defeated Syracuse, 16-6, despite scoring just one touchdown in the game. It was the first time since 2009 that Clemson won a game by only scoring one touchdown. That season, the Tigers defeated Boston College 25-7 thanks to a punt return for a touchdown by C.J. SpillerC.J. Spiller
Pro Running Back
#28 5-11, 195
Lake Butler, FL
View Full Profile and six field goals by Richard JacksonRichard Jackson
Punter / Kicker (2006 - 2010)
#19 6-0, 195
View Full Profile.
* The Tigers held the Orange to just 170 yards of total offense, their lowest total of the season. The Orange entered the game averaging 406.3 yards per game and had not been held to fewer than 260 yards in a game this season. It was the third time this season that Clemson held its opponent to less than 200 yards of total offense.
* Clemson committed four turnovers in the win. The Tigers had committed only six turnovers all season entering the game. It was Clemson’s first win when losing the turnover margin since defeating Louisiana State in the 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl. It was also the most turnovers in a Clemson win since 2012, when the Tigers turned it over four times in a 56-20 win at Duke.
* The Tigers surrendered only 88 rushing yards in the game, the fifth time this season that Clemson’s opponent has failed to reach the 100-yard mark. Opponents are averaging just 69.0 rushing yards against the Tigers over the last seven games.
Clemson Individual Notes
* Ammon LakipAmmon Lakip
RS Jr. Kicker
#36 5-10, 200
View Full Profile made three field goals from distances of 38, 18 and 41 yards. He has now made nine straight field goals and is 13-14 at home this season.
* Wayne GallmanWayne Gallman
RS Fr. Running Back
#9 6-1, 209
View Full Profile rushed for a career-high 101 yards on 28 carries. He is the first Clemson running back to rush for 100+ yards this season and the first since Roderick McDowellRoderick McDowell
Running Back (2009 - 2013)
#25 5-9, 195
View Full Profile rushed for 111 yards against South Carolina last season.
* Cole StoudtCole Stoudt
#18 6-4, 231
View Full Profile completed 24 passes on 35 attempts for a 69.0 completion percentage, his second highest of the season. Stoudt also surpassed 200 passing yards for the third time this season and threw his second touchdown pass of the year.
* Artavis ScottArtavis Scott
Fr. Wide Receiver
#3 5-11, 190
View Full Profile hauled in a game-high seven catches for 59 yards. The freshman leads the team with 45 receptions this season.
* Tavaris BarnesTavaris Barnes
RS Sr. Defensive End
#9 6-4, 273
View Full Profile recorded a sack in the game, giving him three for the season, second-most on the team this year.
* Robert SmithRobert Smith
#27 5-11, 211
St. George, SC
View Full Profile recorded his second interception of the season and fourth of his career in the second quarter.
* Stephone AnthonyStephone Anthony
#42 6-2, 244
View Full Profile recorded his first interception of the season in the third quarter. It was the third of his career and his fourth career takeaway. Anthony also added a sack and now has 2.5 for the year.