|Clemson trustees approve university operating budget|
|Press Release - Friday, July 18, 2014 5:25 PM||
CLEMSON — Clemson University trustees approved a $956.2 million operating budget for the school for FY2014-15 at their quarterly meeting on campus.
Brett Dalton, vice president for finance and facilities, said multiple resources contribute to the total budget, some of which are tuition and fees (34.9 percent), sales and services (16.4 percent), state appropriations (11.1 percent), and grants and contracts (9.4 percent).
The trustees also gave final approval to establish the design and construction budget to renovate all suites in Memorial Stadium. Total project costs estimated at $25 million will be funded by athletic facility revenue bonds. The comprehensive renovation of the 35-year-old Memorial Stadium suites and concourses will improve safety, add 750 premium seats and provide enhanced amenities.
In other action, the trustees approved:
a two-year lease for office, classroom and instructional space at 359 King Street in Charleston for the university’s historic preservation program there. This space will provide a home for the program during the construction of Clemson’s Spaulding Paolozzi Center on Meeting Street.
a plan for Clemson to offer courses in engineering and science at the Clemson University Restoration Institute in Charleston.
a new Master’s degree in athletic leadership, to be given online.
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Former Clemson RB signee enrolls at Memphis
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- ESPN to visit Clemson for National Signing Day
- Former Clemson DB on Sports Illustrated cover
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- Athlon ranks Clemson #2 in ACC Atlantic
- Future non-conference football opponents for Clemson
- PHOTO: Construction on West EndZone and Oculus