|Clemson trustees approve university operating budget|
|Press Release - Friday, July 18, 2014 5:25 PM||
CLEMSON — Clemson University trustees approved a $956.2 million operating budget for the school for FY2014-15 at their quarterly meeting on campus.
Brett Dalton, vice president for finance and facilities, said multiple resources contribute to the total budget, some of which are tuition and fees (34.9 percent), sales and services (16.4 percent), state appropriations (11.1 percent), and grants and contracts (9.4 percent).
The trustees also gave final approval to establish the design and construction budget to renovate all suites in Memorial Stadium. Total project costs estimated at $25 million will be funded by athletic facility revenue bonds. The comprehensive renovation of the 35-year-old Memorial Stadium suites and concourses will improve safety, add 750 premium seats and provide enhanced amenities.
In other action, the trustees approved:
a two-year lease for office, classroom and instructional space at 359 King Street in Charleston for the university’s historic preservation program there. This space will provide a home for the program during the construction of Clemson’s Spaulding Paolozzi Center on Meeting Street.
a plan for Clemson to offer courses in engineering and science at the Clemson University Restoration Institute in Charleston.
a new Master’s degree in athletic leadership, to be given online.
- Photo: Black Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Clemson SG posts on Twitter he will transfer
- Brownell on transfer of Patrick Rooks
- Williams' catches, Dye's running highlight Clemson practice
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- K.J. McDaniels not getting minutes for Rockets