|Clemson travels to Chapel Hill for Bout with UNC
CLEMSON (13-5, 4-2 ACC) vs. NORTH CAROLINA (11-7, 1-4 ACC)
Tipoff: 6:02 p.m.
Arena: Dean E. Smith Center (21,750)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPNU (Carter Blackburn-pbp; Jay Williams-color; Allison Williams-reporter)
• Clemson is coming off its worst defeat of the season, a 76-43 loss at No. 19 Pittsburgh, while North Carolina was defeated 76-61 in its most recent game at Virginia.
• A win would give Clemson victories over Duke and North Carolina in the same season for the first time since 1995-96.
• The Tiger program has never won in Chapel Hill in 56 tries.
CU Series W-L record: North Carolina leads 127-20
Streak: North Carolina has won the last five meetings
• Clemson’s last win over North Carolina came in 2009-10 when Trevor BookerTrevor Booker
Forward (2006 - 2009)
#35 6-7, 240
View Full Profile and Demontez StittDemontez Stitt
Guard (2007 - 2010)
#2 6-2, 180
View Full Profile both had over 20 points in an 83-64 victory over the 12th-ranked Tar Heels in Littlejohn Coliseum.
• The Tigers’ last win over the Tar Heels in the state of North Carolina was in the 1996 ACC Tournament after Greg BucknerGreg Buckner
# 0, 0
View Full Profile’s dunk lifted Clemson to victory.
• The Tigers are in search of a third ACC road win Sunday. Only eight times in 60 previous ACC seasons has Clemson won at least three road games in conference play.
• Clemson coaches will be participating in the annual Suits and Sneakers Awareness Weekend in support of the NABC’s Coaches vs. Cancer initiative.
• Clemson only has two players - Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile and K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile - who have played at the Smith Center. The two combined for 24 minutes as freshmen in the 2011-12 meeting.
• Hall has reached 2,000 minutes played in his career. He achieved the 2K mark in Clemson’s most recent game at Pittsburgh.