|Clemson forward to transfer|
|Monday, June 23, 2014 12:09 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. - Ibrahim Djambo is transferring from Clemson, the athletic department announced today. Djambo played just one season after transferring from Three Rivers Community College in Missouri last spring.
"We thank Ibi for the hard work he has given to our program over the past year," said head men's basketball coach Brad Brownell. "He was an outstanding student and a great teammate, and I'm sorry to see him leave. We wish him the best in the future."
Djambo averaged 1.9 points per game in 32 appearances this past season, playing 9.2 minutes per game as a reserve power forward.
"I really appreciated the opportunity to be here at Clemson," Djambo said. "My reasons for leaving are personal; I really liked my teammates and coaches. Since I've been in America, I've never been on a team like that, where you were always around everyone else. It created memories I'll take with me the rest of my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything."
- WATCH: Swinney's epic rant on media using "Clemsoning"
- Gamecock kicker takes a jab at Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Clemson has a new starter at wide receiver
- WATCH: Swinney dances in the locker room after GT win
- Jimmy Fallon jokes on Bradley Pinion
- Photos: Clemson grass parking lots
- Photo: "One South Carolina" logo on display for Clemson-GT