Clemson to crack down on counterfeiters at Palmetto Bowl
CLEMSON, S.C., (November 25, 2014) – As Clemson University and University of South Carolina players and coaches prepare for Saturday’s in-state rivalry game, University officials, in conjunction with the Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC), are taking the necessary measures to address potential counterfeit and unlicensed merchandise in the Clemson area.
Fans should be aware of potential counterfeiters looking to capitalize on the excitement surrounding the rivalry game as they arrive in town to cheer on their teams. CLC, the exclusive licensing agent for both Clemson and South Carolina, will work closely with Clemson University Police Department to patrol the marketplace in search of counterfeiters selling “knock-off” merchandise. All counterfeit merchandise is subject to seizure.
Tips for purchasing officially licensed Clemson or South Carolina merchandise:
· All officially licensed merchandise should display the “Officially Licensed Collegiate Product” hologram somewhere on the product or hangtag.
· The merchandise should depict Clemson or South Carolina logos and marks in a tasteful manner, as Clemson and South Carolina do not approve distasteful designs.
· The tag on the garment should be intact. A torn or missing tag is evidence of a second-hand garment, one that probably would not meet the stringent quality standards in place by Clemson and South Carolina.
· All merchandise should bear the name of the manufacturer somewhere on the product, either in the form of a hangtag, a neck label, or screen-printed directly on the garment.
· All merchandise should have the appropriate trademark designations (i.e. TM, â) next to a specific name or design.
Both Clemson and South Carolina continually ranked among CLC’s top-selling institutions on an annual basis.