Clemson to Face Rutgers in ACC/Big Ten Challenge
Grantham has scored double figures in four of first five games.
Clemson (4-2) vs. Rutgers (3-3)
Date: Monday, Dec. 1
Tipoff: 7 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPNU (Tom Hart-pbp; Brad Daugherty-color)
• Clemson returns to the ACC/Big Ten Challenge after a one-year absence; the Tigers host Rutgers in only the second matchup between the two schools.
• The first meeting took place at Rutgers in the 1999 NIT; the Tigers won 78-68 on their way to the championship game.
• After a lopsided season opener, the Tigers’ last five games have been decided by a total of 20 points.
CU Series W-L record:
Clemson leads 1-0
Streak: Clemson won the only previous meeting
• Clemson owns a healthy 9-5 all-time record in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge and is in search of its first win in the event since a road game at Iowa in 2011. The Tigers have played in 14 of the 15 challenges to date, missing last season.
• The Tigers have posted home wins over Northwestern (2000), Penn State (2002), Ohio State (2004) and Purdue (2007) in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge.
• Rod HallRod Hall
#12 6-1, 205
View Full Profile played a career-low one minute against HIgh Point before suffering an ankle injury; he is expected to play Monday.
• Donte GranthamDonte Grantham
#15 6-8, 205
View Full Profile has produced double figures in four of his first six games, the first Tiger freshman to do that since Cliff Hammonds in 2004-05.
• Jaron BlossomgameJaron Blossomgame
RS So. Forward
#5 6-7, 215
View Full Profile has posted double-doubles each of the last two games, both Clemson wins. He had only one all of last season in 33 games.
• Blossomgame has four double-figure scoring marks this season, one more than he had all of 2013-14.
• Patrick RooksPatrick Rooks
RS Fr. Guard
#0 6-2, 190
View Full Profile is coming off his best game as a Tiger — the redshirt freshman scored 11 points off the bench vs. High Point and was 3-of-5 from three.