|Clemson student wins Miss South Carolina|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Sunday, June 29, 2014 10:48 AM||
Clemson student Lanie Hudson won the crown for Miss South Carolina at the Township Auditorium in Columbia on Saturday night.
Hudson was also a finalist for the Quality of Life Award, which is for outstanding community service.
During her year off of school, she will be promoting organ and tissue donation as one of her platform issues. She will also be promoting the Chidren's Miracle Network Hospital to raise funds for local children's hospitals and eventually prepare for the upcoming Miss America pageant.
She posted the following on her instagram account: Romans 8:28 led me through this week. Thank you to everyone who has supported and encouraged me along this journey! I am honored to hold this job! #misssc2014
Instagram description: Clemson ADPi takes home the crown again!!! Lanie, you will make an incredible Miss South Carolina, and I couldn't be happier to have such a kind, genuine, and deserving new sister. So lucky to have known you over the past four years, and I can't wait to see what's to come! @laniehudson @missscpageant @clemsonadpi @alphadeltapi #MissSC2014
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story