|Clemson ranked outside of ESPN's FPI Top 25|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:26 AM-||
ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule.
Clemson comes in at #29 on the list with a projected 8 wins and 4 losses.
The Tigers have a chance of 0.4% to win out their remaining games, a 3% chance of winning the ACC and a remaining strength of schedule of 72 according to the Football Power Index. Clemson's remaining strength of schedule is the 2nd lowest (besides Wisconsin) of teams inside the top 30.
The only ACC schools in the top 25 were Florida State (#1) and Pittsburgh (#23).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Spurrier admits that he pulls for Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Cowherd says Watson should refuse to play for Browns
- WATCH: Alexander, Kearse both have Int's for Vikings
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson
- Clemson Depth Chart released for Auburn