|Clemson ranked outside of ESPN's FPI Top 25|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-09-03 09:26:56.0-||
ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule.
Clemson comes in at #29 on the list with a projected 8 wins and 4 losses.
The Tigers have a chance of 0.4% to win out their remaining games, a 3% chance of winning the ACC and a remaining strength of schedule of 72 according to the Football Power Index. Clemson's remaining strength of schedule is the 2nd lowest (besides Wisconsin) of teams inside the top 30.
The only ACC schools in the top 25 were Florida State (#1) and Pittsburgh (#23).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season