|Clemson ranked outside of ESPN's FPI Top 25|
|Assoc. Editor - 2014-09-03 09:26:56.0-||
ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule.
Clemson comes in at #29 on the list with a projected 8 wins and 4 losses.
The Tigers have a chance of 0.4% to win out their remaining games, a 3% chance of winning the ACC and a remaining strength of schedule of 72 according to the Football Power Index. Clemson's remaining strength of schedule is the 2nd lowest (besides Wisconsin) of teams inside the top 30.
The only ACC schools in the top 25 were Florida State (#1) and Pittsburgh (#23).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney addresses SC's racial slur accusations
- WATCH: Awkward exchange between Muschamp and Swinney
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Muschamp didn't like Clemson celebrating seniors during 4th quarter
- WATCH: Watson, Gallman, Williams say goodbye to Clemson fans
- ESPN analyst Booger picks a fight with Clemson fans
- ESPN analyst says Bentley will outplay Deshaun Watson
- WATCH: Boulware with epic rant on South Carolina
- Clemson jumps up in latest AP Poll
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game