|Clemson ranked outside of ESPN's FPI Top 25|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:26 AM-||
ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule.
Clemson comes in at #29 on the list with a projected 8 wins and 4 losses.
The Tigers have a chance of 0.4% to win out their remaining games, a 3% chance of winning the ACC and a remaining strength of schedule of 72 according to the Football Power Index. Clemson's remaining strength of schedule is the 2nd lowest (besides Wisconsin) of teams inside the top 30.
The only ACC schools in the top 25 were Florida State (#1) and Pittsburgh (#23).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney on Watson: "He's the franchise, he's the unicorn"
- Tajh Boyd released by CFL team
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- ESPN analyst picks Malik McDowell as top 2017 NFL prospect
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- Alexander throws out 1st pitch at Twins' game