|Clemson ranked outside of ESPN's FPI Top 25|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, September 3, 2014 9:26 AM-||
ESPN's Football Power Index (FPI) is a measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team's performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule.
Clemson comes in at #29 on the list with a projected 8 wins and 4 losses.
The Tigers have a chance of 0.4% to win out their remaining games, a 3% chance of winning the ACC and a remaining strength of schedule of 72 according to the Football Power Index. Clemson's remaining strength of schedule is the 2nd lowest (besides Wisconsin) of teams inside the top 30.
The only ACC schools in the top 25 were Florida State (#1) and Pittsburgh (#23).
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson offensive line ranked #1 in the nation
- Deshaun Watson is 218 pounds....and he's faster
- Swinney says Saban trying to "kiss up" for onside kick
- Freshman numbers assigned - Feaster gets Spiller's 28
- Saban says Watson most dominant since Cam Newton
- Swinney updates Feaster's health
- Watson ranked #1 overall CFB player in 2016
- Football season brings new parking ordinance for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney wants Dalvin Cook And DeMarcus Walker to take weekend off
- Report: Shaq Lawson could miss half of the season or more