|Clemson ranked in Athlon's Preseason top 25 rankings|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Tuesday, May 13, 2014 9:39 AM||
Athlon Sports has Clemson ranked #21 in its initial 2014 preseason top 25 rankings. Clemson is also picked #2 in the ACC Atlantic behind Florida State.
Clemson has established itself as one of the nation’s most consistent programs with three consecutive 10-win seasons and back-to-back 11-win seasons. But the Tigers have yet to solve rivals Florida State and South Carolina, going 0–4 against them in the past two years. Swinney and Co. have a stingy, improving defense and the talent to replace major offensive losses, but it’s hard to see how this group could take the leap from consistent program to national title contender this fall.
Here is a look at Athlon's 2014 ACC Preview magazine.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney and staff in a Thursday car accident; also had an exploded tire on plane
- Former Clemson QB appears headed to Ole Miss
- Clemson names quarterbacks coach and recruiting coordinator
- Russell Athletic Bowl gifts for Clemson players
- Photo: Spiller wins bet; Gilmore wears Clemson t-shirt
- Swinney statement on Watson surgery, Oklahoma
- Watson named ESPN's #1 ACC Heisman Hopeful in 2015
- Tajh Boyd's take on Watson playing with torn ACL
- Mel Kiper's take on Vic Beasley
- Swinney gives update on Watson's surgery