|Clemson ranked #16th in Implied SRS Ratings|
|Assoc. Editor - Monday, June 16, 2014 2:49 PM-||
Footballperspective.com released its implied SRS ratings of College Football teams in 2014.
Clemson was ranked #16th on the list. Florida State, Alabama and Oregon rounded out the top three ranking.
For the worst ranked schools (64-77) - Virginia, North Carolina State, Boston College and Wake Forest were all included.
You might ask yourself, (as I did) how do they come up with the 'implied SRS ratings'?
I took the point spread for each game and turned it into a margin of victory, after assigning 3 points to the road team in each game. For example, Alabama is a 6-point home favorite against Auburn. So for that game, we assume Vegas believes the Tide are three points better than the Tigers; if we do this for each of the other 199 games, and then iterate the results hundreds of times, we can come up with a set of power ratings.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- Renfrow breaks bone in hand playing pickup basketball
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits