|Clemson ranked #16th in Implied SRS Ratings|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, June 16, 2014 2:49 PM||
Clemson was ranked #16th on the list. Florida State, Alabama and Oregon rounded out the top three ranking.
For the worst ranked schools (64-77) - Virginia, North Carolina State, Boston College and Wake Forest were all included.
You might ask yourself, (as I did) how do they come up with the 'implied SRS ratings'?
I took the point spread for each game and turned it into a margin of victory, after assigning 3 points to the road team in each game. For example, Alabama is a 6-point home favorite against Auburn. So for that game, we assume Vegas believes the Tide are three points better than the Tigers; if we do this for each of the other 199 games, and then iterate the results hundreds of times, we can come up with a set of power ratings.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Photo: Purple Helmet Concept Design for Clemson
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"