|Clemson ranked #16th in Implied SRS Ratings|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Monday, June 16, 2014 2:49 PM||
Footballperspective.com released its implied SRS ratings of College Football teams in 2014.
Clemson was ranked #16th on the list. Florida State, Alabama and Oregon rounded out the top three ranking.
For the worst ranked schools (64-77) - Virginia, North Carolina State, Boston College and Wake Forest were all included.
You might ask yourself, (as I did) how do they come up with the 'implied SRS ratings'?
I took the point spread for each game and turned it into a margin of victory, after assigning 3 points to the road team in each game. For example, Alabama is a 6-point home favorite against Auburn. So for that game, we assume Vegas believes the Tide are three points better than the Tigers; if we do this for each of the other 199 games, and then iterate the results hundreds of times, we can come up with a set of power ratings.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Details on Lakip's arrest
- Lakip charged with cocaine possession, DUI
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Vegas odds on Clemson 2015 season
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 for Gameday Experience
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- WATCH: Paulsen makes #1 play on SportsCenter Top 10 list