|Clemson postgame notes vs. Maryland|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, March 2, 2014 5:37 PM||
· Clemson beat Maryland in double overtime Sunday, 77-73. It was Clemson’s first overtime win over the Terrapins since the 1997-98 season.
· It was Clemson’s first overtime game in Littlejohn Coliseum since a 72-69 win over NC State on Feb. 25, 2012.
· This was Clemson’s second double overtime game this season (at Notre Dame). The last time Clemson played two double overtime games in a season was 2007-08 (vs. Florida State, at North Carolina).
· Clemson’s win gave the program nine ACC wins; it is only the ninth time in 61 seasons that Clemson has achieved at least nine ACC wins.
· The win was Clemson’s first over Maryland since the 2009-10 season. The Terrapins had won four straight in the series.
· Head Coach Brad Brownell won against Maryland for the first time in his career in five tries. His first game against the Terrapins was an NCAA Tournament loss when he was the coach at UNC Wilmington on a desperation, buzzer-beating three-pointer by Maryland as time expired in 2003.
· Clemson was outrebounded 63-47, but won the game. The 63 rebounds were the most by a Clemson opponent since the 1969-70 season when three opponents had 70 or more in games.
· The -16 rebound margin was the biggest disparity of the season for Clemson.
· Prior to Sunday, the most rebounds Clemson had yielded to an opponent under Brad Brownell was 47 to The Citadel in 2011 and VMI earlier this season.
· The Tigers had 10 turnovers or less for the seventh time in ACC play this season. Clemson had an 11-to-9 assist-to-turnover ratio in the 50 minutes.
· Clemson won today after trailing 54-50 with five minutes to play. Clemson had been 0-9 when trailing with five minutes left in games this season.
· The Tigers moved to 9-0 this season when scoring at least 70 points.
· Clemson is 12-1 this season when it outscores the opposition in the paint.
· Clemson is now 4-4 in games decided by five points or less this season. The four wins are the most since the 2009-10 team had the same number of wins by five or less.
· K.J. McDaniels reached double figures for the 25th time in 28 games this season. He posted a game-high 26 points.
· It was McDaniels’ 11th game with at least 20 points in the scoring column this season. He entered 2013-14 with none in 58 career games.
· McDaniels now has five “20 & 10” games this season, more than any other ACC player.
· McDaniels extended his streak of games with at least one blocked shot to 10. He finished with a game-high six.
· McDaniels now has 81 blocked shots this season, putting him 10th in Clemson history for a single season. Next ahead of him is Elden Campbell, who had 87 in 1988-89.
· McDaniels matched his personal best with 14 rebounds, tying the 14 he had earlier this season in another double overtime contest, at Notre Dame.
· Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile dished out five assists Sunday, increasing his career total to 252. He is the 22nd different Tiger (in the ACC era) to post at least 250 in a career.
· Hall scored 16 points against Maryland, his 15th double figure scoring effort of the season.
· Hall posted a career-high seven rebounds and played a career-high 43 minutes Sunday.
· Damarcus HarrisonDamarcus Harrison
#21 6-4, 200
View Full Profile reached double figures for the fourth consecutive game, a career-long streak. He also extended his streak of games with at least one three-pointer to seven on his crucial make with 1:13 to play in the second overtime.
· Landry NnokoLandry Nnoko
#35 6-10, 245
View Full Profile scored double figures for the seventh time this season, and fourth time against an ACC opponent. He finished with 11 points.
· Nnoko added nine rebounds, his high since grabbing 13 in the upset win over Duke on Jan. 11.
· Nnoko logged a career-high 46 minutes Sunday. His previous high was 37 at Notre Dame.
· Jaron BlossomgameJaron Blossomgame
RS Fr. Forward
#5 6-7, 215
View Full Profile blocked a pair of shots Sunday, his first multi-block game since Nov. 24 against UMass.
|Discuss this update on the Basketball Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|
8/4 - WATCH: K.J. McDaniels' Trick Shots7/18 - K.J. McDaniels is dog's best friend7/16 - K.J. McDaniels vs Wiggins breakdown7/11 - McDaniels ranked #5 prospect in NBA Summer league7/10 - K.J. McDaniels injures ankle against Nets7/3 - McDaniels to play in NBA summer league7/2 - K.J McDaniels interview with Clemson Sports Talk6/29 - K.J. McDaniels happy to be a 76er