|Clemson included in Paradise Jam Tournament|
|Monday, February 3, 2014 2:41 PM-||
Men’s Tournament- The tournament directors at Basketball Travelers Inc. officially announce the 2014 fields of the Ezybonds Global Payments U.S. Virgin Islands Paradise Jam. The eight NCAA division I men’s basketball teams participating in the 15th annual event include Clemson, Gardner Webb, Illinois State, Louisiana State, Nevada, Old Dominion, Seton Hall, and Weber State. The men’s tournament takes place annually the week before Thanksgiving and this year will be held November 21-24 at the University of the Virgin Islands in St. Thomas, USVI.
This year’s tournament features two alumni teams. Clemson has been to the islands twice before placing 2nd in inaugural men’s tournament in 2001 and 3rd in 2010. Old Dominion fell just short of a championship in 2005 falling to Wisconsin and placing 2nd in the event.
Women’s Tournaments- The following week features the two women’s tournaments feature 4 teams in each tournament. The eight NCAA division I women’s basketball teams participating in the 15th annual event include Clemson, Illinois, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Ohio State, Oklahoma, South Florida, and Wichita State. The women’s tournaments are held the annually the week of Thanksgiving with the 2014 dates being November 27-29 at the University of the Virgin Islands in St. Thomas, USVI.
Mississippi State will make its third trip to St. Thomas playing in 2003, and 2009. Other teams returning to the islands for a second time are Oklahoma, South Florida, Wichita State, and Kentucky.
Fan and alumni travel packages are available now on Paradisejam.com!
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits