|Clemson fan pranks OSU's Brutus Statue|
|Assoc. Editor - Wednesday, December 18, 2013 10:58 AM-||
Here is a Clemson fans' response to Monday's Thomas Green statue prank near Tillman Hall. OSU's Brutus statue is located near Panera and Conrad's on Lane Avenue in Columbus, OH.
Photo credit: TigerNet.com member MillerHighLife21
According to the official Ohio State website - "Ohio State students Ray Bourhis and Sally Huber suggested a buckeye as Ohio State's mascot. Back then, other universities brought live animals to the games as mascots. But bringing an actual buck to games would have been problematic, so they chose a buckeye to represent Ohio State." - See more at: http://www.osu.edu/features/2013/brutus-through-the-years.html#0
According to Wikipedia: Brutus is a student dressed in Buckeye colors with a headpiece resembling an Ohio Buckeye nut. Brutus has appeared since 1965, with periodic updates to design and wardrobe. As a member of the cheerleading team, Brutus Buckeye travels to many events around The Ohio State University and often makes appearances around Columbus.
Here is a video showcasing some of Brutus' moves on the gridiron. It appears that Brutus has good speed but clearly lacks offensive awareness.
Below is Monday's Ohio State prank on Thomas Green's statue near Tillman Hall.
Note - Here is a short video if you do not know the back story on Woody Hayes' angry haymaker on Clemson's Charlie Bauman.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Ben Boulware injury update
- WATCH: Dabo Swinney says there is pressure in this world but none on his team
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- Clemson OT will not start against Wake Forest due to personal issue
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Swinney discusses Mike Williams returning this season
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner