|Clemson begins road trip Tuesday at Pittsburgh|
|Monday, January 20, 2014 12:04 PM-||
CLEMSON (13-4, 4-1 ACC) vs. No. 22/21 PITTSBURGH (16-2, 4-1 ACC)
Tipoff: 8:05 p.m.
Arena: Petersen Events Center (12,508)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACC Network (Tim Brant-pbp; Dan Bonner-color)
• Clemson is off to a 4-1 start in the ACC, its best start since the 1996-97 team began the conference slate with a 5-0 record. It is just the fourth time in program history the Tigers have started the ACC with a 4-1 record or better.
• Clemson and Pittsburgh have played just once, a 60-50 victory for the Panthers in Charlotte, NC in the consolation round of the 1958 Carrousel Classic.
CU Series W-L record: Pittsburgh leads 1-0
Streak: Pittsburgh won the only meeting
• Clemson begins a stretch of five road games over its next six on Tuesday at Pitt; the Tigers also play at North Carolina, Florida State, Syracuse and Notre Dame as part of the six-game stretch.
• Following the win over Wake Forest, Clemson plays only one game (Feb. 4 against Georgia Tech) in Littlejohn Coliseum over a 27-day span.
• Clemson is in search of consecutive wins over ranked teams, something that has not been accomplished by a Tiger team since the 1997-98 season.
• Tuesday’s game pits two of the league’s best small forwards - Clemson’s K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile and Pitt’s Lamar Patterson - against one another. Both players rank among the top 10 in the ACC in six different statistical categories.
• McDaniels is coming off his fourth double-double of the season (15 points, 12 rebounds) against Wake Forest.
• Ibrahim DjamboIbrahim Djambo
#42 6-10, 215
Poplar Bluff, MO
View Full Profile came off the bench to go 2-for-2 from three-point range against Wake Forest; it broke an 0-for-8 slump for the junior college transfer from behind the arc.
- Kirk Herbstreit's prediction of Clemson-FSU
- Kickoff Times set for first 2 home football games
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- Stanford coach: "Playing Dabo Swinney at Clemson would be a blast"
- Vic Beasley to switch positions for Falcons
- Report: Former Clemson WR set to join Highland JUCO
- Auburn OC: "Everything's problematic" about Deshaun Watson
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Tigers sweep Notre Dame to clinch at least 6th seed in ACC Tournament
- Former Clemson DT signs with Toronto Argonauts