|Clemson Travels to Blacksburg for Road Game|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, January 13, 2014 5:51 PM||
CLEMSON (11-4, 2-1 ACC) vs. VIRGINIA TECH (8-7, 1-2 ACC)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Arena: Cassell Coliseum
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson is looking for its second straight ACC road win on Wednesday in Blacksburg; the last time the Tigers won back-to-back road games in league play was in 2008-09.
• The Tigers are coming off a 72-59 win over No. 13 Duke; it snapped the Blue Devils’ five-game winning streak in the series.
• James Johnson was an assistant at Clemson for 12 days before he was hired as head coach at Virginia Tech in 2012.
CU Series W-L record: Virginia Tech leads 15-13
Streak: The two teams have split the last six meetings
• Clemson has defeated Virginia Tech on three occasions at Cassell Coliseum since the Hokies joined the ACC in 2004-05. The Tigers’ last win in the facility was the 2008-09 season.
• The Tigers continue to lead the NCAA in both scoring defense (53.9) and three-point percentage defense (.246).
• Clemson held Duke to 59 points Saturday, the lowest point total of the season for the ACC’s highest scoring team.
• Three players registered double-doubles for Clemson against Duke, the first time that has happened since a 1985 game against Wake Forest.
• One of the players with a double-double was red-shirt freshman Jaron BlossomgameJaron Blossomgame
RS Fr. Forward
#5 6-7, 215
View Full Profile (14p, 14r), who was named ACC Rookie of the Week. He is Clemson’s first ACC Rookie of the Week since Terrence Oglesby earned the honor twice in 2007-08.
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile posted his third “20 & 10” game of the 2013-14 season against Duke to tie NC State’s T.J. Warren for the lead among ACC players.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Player Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|