|Clemson-SMU Game Notes|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Sunday, March 30, 2014 10:19 AM||
CLEMSON, S.C. - For the first time since 2007, Clemson is headed to the Big Apple for the semifinals of the National Invitation Tournament. The Tigers take on SMU on Tuesday, April 1 at 7 p.m. in Madison Square Garden.
CLEMSON (23-12) vs. SMU (26-9)
Tipoff: Tuesday, April 1 (7 p.m.)
Arena: Madison Square Garden (19,763)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN2 (John Saunders-pbp; Fran Fraschilla, Bob Knight-color)
• Clemson takes on SMU in the first NIT semifinal Tuesday; it is the first meeting between the two schools since the 1970-71 season, a 67-51 Tiger win at the Music City Classic in Nashville.
• The Tigers are making their fourth appearance in Madison Square Garden, all in the NIT. Clemson played in the famous venue in 1975, 1999 and 2007 previously. This is the third time Clemson has played in the semifinals of the postseason event.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 1-0
Streak: Clemson won the only previous meeting
• Clemson needs one win to set the single-season school record for improvement in terms of total wins. The Tigers tied the record at +10, going from 13 wins last season to 23 currently. The 1938-39 Clemson team also had a 10-win improvement over the previous season.
• Last Tuesday, Clemson established the second-longest home winning streak ever in the NIT with its 12th consecutive victory in Littlejohn Coliseum.
• The Tigers are coming off their second-best three-point percentage in a game (.476) this season, and matched a season-high with 10 makes from long distance in a 73-68 win over Belmont on March 25.
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile is the sixth player in Clemson history to score at 600 points in a season. He is 49 points shy of breaking the single-season school record of 651 shared by Bill Yarborough (1954-55) and Horace Grant (1986-87).
• Clemson is 8-3 over its last 11 games, and guard Damarcus HarrisonDamarcus Harrison
#21 6-4, 200
View Full Profile has averaged 11.7 points per contest during that stretch. He is 17-for-44 from three in those 11 games, a .386 figure.
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Player Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|