|Clemson ROI ranked among best of ‘up-and-coming’ universities|
|Friday, June 6, 2014 6:09 PM-||
CLEMSON — Clemson University has been named one of the nation’s top-ranked, up-and-coming universities with the best returns on investment, according to Best Value Schools.
Clemson is No. 6 on the website’s list “Ranking the Best Up-And-Coming Universities Based on ROI.”
“This school has a reputation for innovation, and one of the ways Clemson University has been innovating and growing is in its involvement of undergraduate students in major research and development projects,” according to the website. “Undergraduate students in engineering (mechanical, computer and electrical) and physics are routinely involved in designing and constructing advanced equipment that is used by NASA and other agencies.”
The site used Clemson’s rank as No. 8 among up-and-coming universities by U.S.News and World Report, says Clemson’s 30-year average net return on investment as $872,700, ahead of such universities as George Mason University, North Carolina State University, Boston University, Northeastern University in Massachusetts and Marquette University in Wisconsin.
“Clemson University continues to remain a top — and smart — choice, as we continue to invest in attracting and retaining top faculty, keeping class sizes small and creating the facilities needed to ensure students have access to the latest technologies and equipment,” said Chuck Knepfle, Clemson University director of financial aid. “We are proud of being recognized for keeping our costs relatively low, both for in-state and out-of-state tuition, and for the quality of education our students receive.”
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- National Championship Odds for Clemson after NSD
- 2016 Football Gameday Designations Announced
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Watson pays tribute to Cam Newton before Super Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 5 of ESPN's 2016 FPI
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits