|Clemson RB out for the season|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:26 PM||
Clemson, S.C. — Clemson junior running back Zac Brooks, Clemson’s top returning rusher from last season, suffered a foot injury Monday night in practice and will be lost for the season.
“Zac was having an outstanding camp and was ready for a terrific year,” said Head Coach Dabo Swinney. “The plan is for Zac to sit out this year due to the injury and come back next year as a red-shirt junior. This is a big loss because he is such a reliable player in all phases of the game. He knows the offense inside and out.”
The native of Jonesboro, Ark, has played 18 games the last two years and has 74 carries for 365 yards and two touchdowns. He also has nine receptions for 92 yards and a score. The receiving touchdown came last year against Georgia in the season opener when he caught a 31-yard scoring pass from Tajh Boyd in Clemson’s 38-35 victory.
In 2013, Brooks had 48 carries for 246 yards, third on the team in rushing yards behind Roderick McDowell and Tajh Boyd. He had a 5.1 average and score two touchdowns in 2013.
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Vegas odds on Clemson 2015 season
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- WATCH: Paulsen makes #1 play on SportsCenter Top 10 list
- Photo: Clemson 2015 Nike Shoes
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies