|Clemson RB out for the season|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:26 PM||
“Zac was having an outstanding camp and was ready for a terrific year,” said Head Coach Dabo Swinney. “The plan is for Zac to sit out this year due to the injury and come back next year as a red-shirt junior. This is a big loss because he is such a reliable player in all phases of the game. He knows the offense inside and out.”
The native of Jonesboro, Ark, has played 18 games the last two years and has 74 carries for 365 yards and two touchdowns. He also has nine receptions for 92 yards and a score. The receiving touchdown came last year against Georgia in the season opener when he caught a 31-yard scoring pass from Tajh Boyd in Clemson’s 38-35 victory.
In 2013, Brooks had 48 carries for 246 yards, third on the team in rushing yards behind Roderick McDowell and Tajh Boyd. He had a 5.1 average and score two touchdowns in 2013.
- Vandy transfer commits to Clemson
- Clemson announces non-conference football schedule through 2020
- ESPN's McShay gives draft grades for Beasley, Jarrett
- WATCH: Rehabilitation featuring Watson, Choice, Brooks
- Clemson ranked #3 best ACC Town
- Beasley, Anthony picked by Kiper in latest Mock Draft
- Official Pairings Announced for Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl Challenge
- Rod Hall has private workout for 6 NFL teams
- WATCH: Duggar with SportsCenter #1 Play
- Mitchell signs a financial aid agreement