|Clemson RB out for the season|
|Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:26 PM-||
Clemson, S.C. — Clemson junior running back Zac Brooks, Clemson’s top returning rusher from last season, suffered a foot injury Monday night in practice and will be lost for the season.
“Zac was having an outstanding camp and was ready for a terrific year,” said Head Coach Dabo Swinney. “The plan is for Zac to sit out this year due to the injury and come back next year as a red-shirt junior. This is a big loss because he is such a reliable player in all phases of the game. He knows the offense inside and out.”
The native of Jonesboro, Ark, has played 18 games the last two years and has 74 carries for 365 yards and two touchdowns. He also has nine receptions for 92 yards and a score. The receiving touchdown came last year against Georgia in the season opener when he caught a 31-yard scoring pass from Tajh Boyd in Clemson’s 38-35 victory.
In 2013, Brooks had 48 carries for 246 yards, third on the team in rushing yards behind Roderick McDowell and Tajh Boyd. He had a 5.1 average and score two touchdowns in 2013.
- Clemson DE will transfer
- Swinney jokes: "Oklahoma hates us right now"
- 2016 Clemson recruiting class rankings
- Renfrow breaks bone in hand playing pickup basketball
- Latest NCAA projection for Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney presser crashed By Christian Wilkins
- Swinney: "Venables is the worst driver on my staff"
- C.J. Spiller welcomes new Clemson recruits
- FSU to give away 10K strips of bacon vs. Clemson
- WATCH: Mike Williams running routes again