|Clemson RB out for the season|
|Wednesday, August 20, 2014 3:26 PM-||
Clemson, S.C. — Clemson junior running back Zac Brooks, Clemson’s top returning rusher from last season, suffered a foot injury Monday night in practice and will be lost for the season.
“Zac was having an outstanding camp and was ready for a terrific year,” said Head Coach Dabo Swinney. “The plan is for Zac to sit out this year due to the injury and come back next year as a red-shirt junior. This is a big loss because he is such a reliable player in all phases of the game. He knows the offense inside and out.”
The native of Jonesboro, Ark, has played 18 games the last two years and has 74 carries for 365 yards and two touchdowns. He also has nine receptions for 92 yards and a score. The receiving touchdown came last year against Georgia in the season opener when he caught a 31-yard scoring pass from Tajh Boyd in Clemson’s 38-35 victory.
In 2013, Brooks had 48 carries for 246 yards, third on the team in rushing yards behind Roderick McDowell and Tajh Boyd. He had a 5.1 average and score two touchdowns in 2013.
- Wake coach not happy with Watson playing late
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- Ben Boulware injury update
- Gamecock coach denies resigning, preparing for a fight with Clemson
- WATCH: Clemson player proposes to his girlfriend on field before Clemson-Wake
- Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Vegas odds for Clemson-South Carolina
- WATCH: Clemson-South Carolina Hype Video
- WATCH: Catanzaro does the dab after kicking game-winner
- Daniel Rodriguez signs with pro team