|Clemson Picked 3rd in Atlantic Division in Preseason Coaches Poll|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Friday, January 24, 2014 10:52 AM||
The Cavaliers were named by 10 coaches as this year’s team to beat, while Florida State received four first-place votes.
Virginia was also named by 12 coaches as the likely Coastal Division winner. Defending ACC champion North Carolina received two first-place votes. The Cavaliers totaled 96 points in the voting (seven points for a first-place vote, six for a second-place vote, etc.), and are followed by North Carolina (84), Miami (66), Georgia Tech (57), Duke (36), Virginia Tech (35), and Pitt (18).
Florida State was picked to repeat as the Atlantic Division champion, receiving nine of the possible 14 first-place votes while totaling 93 total points. NC State (88 points) received the other five first-place votes. Rounding out divisional polling were Clemson (70), Maryland (48), Notre Dame (40), Wake Forest (36), and Boston College (17).
All 14 ACC teams open the 2014 season with nonconference games on Friday, Feb. 14. The 2014 ACC Baseball Championship is scheduled for May 20-25 at NewBridge Bank Park in Greensboro, N.C.
2014 ACC BASEBALL PRESEASON COACHES POLL
1. Virginia (10)
2. Florida State (4)
ATLANTIC DIVISION 1. Florida State (9) 93 2. NC State (5) 88 3. Clemson 70 4. Maryland 48 5. Notre Dame 40 6. Wake Forest 36 7. Boston College 17 COASTAL DIVISION 1. Virginia (12) 96 2. North Carolina (2) 84 3. Miami 66 4. Georgia Tech 57 5. Duke 36 6. Virginia Tech 35 7. Pitt 18
- Clemson vs SC gametime announced
- Swinney announces QB starter for Georgia St
- Swinney on if Watson will play against the Gamecocks
- Watson, Beasley injury updates
- ESPN declares 6-day hold for Clemson-SC game
- Clemson TE suspended indefinitely
- CBSSports.com Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Spurrier promises to stop trolling Clemson fans...for a couple weeks
- Swinney expects Watson to play again this season
- Chad Morris talks about chances Deshaun Watson plays in short term