|Clemson OT to transfer|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:24 AM||
Shaq AnthonyShaq Anthony
RS Jr. Offensive Tackle
#76 6-4, 276
View Full Profile will transfer to another school. Anthony met with Tigers Head Coach Dabo Swinney on Thursday morning to discuss his decision.
“I have enjoyed my time at Clemson and appreciate the opportunity I’ve had,” said Anthony. “This is an outstanding program, but I wish to make a clean start at a program where I can hopefully be a starter. I want to thank all the Clemson coaches, my teammates and the Clemson family for their support. I will always be a Tiger.”
Anthony lettered in 2012 and 2013 and played in 17 games over those two years, five as a starter. He redshirted the 2011 season and was listed as a backup offensive tackle entering fall camp. The native of Williamston, S.C. played in 10 games last year for the Tigers’ 11-2 team that finished seventh in the final USA Today Coaches Poll.
“I appreciate the hard work Shaq has put into this program,” said Swinney. “Sometimes a player needs a change. I support his decision and will help him any way I can. I wish him nothing but the best.”
- Swinney responds to John Oliver's jab of Soybean Wind
- Swinney updates Deshaun Watson's rehab
- Clemson LB moves to DE
- Moped accident puts Clemson DB in yellow jersey
- Photo: Kevin Hart in Clemson
- Kiper says Beasley has "mixed opinions" on his draft value
- WATCH: Spiller and Ford give tour of new Clemson NFL Locker Room
- Clemson's betting odds to win 2016 Title
- Booker: "He got his stats and he got the L as always"
- Saints HC: Spiller is "the most explosive player on the field"