|Clemson OT to transfer|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Thursday, August 21, 2014 11:24 AM||
Clemson, S.C.—Clemson junior offensive tackle Shaq AnthonyShaq Anthony
RS Jr. Offensive Tackle
#76 6-4, 276
View Full Profile will transfer to another school. Anthony met with Tigers Head Coach Dabo Swinney on Thursday morning to discuss his decision.
“I have enjoyed my time at Clemson and appreciate the opportunity I’ve had,” said Anthony. “This is an outstanding program, but I wish to make a clean start at a program where I can hopefully be a starter. I want to thank all the Clemson coaches, my teammates and the Clemson family for their support. I will always be a Tiger.”
Anthony lettered in 2012 and 2013 and played in 17 games over those two years, five as a starter. He redshirted the 2011 season and was listed as a backup offensive tackle entering fall camp. The native of Williamston, S.C. played in 10 games last year for the Tigers’ 11-2 team that finished seventh in the final USA Today Coaches Poll.
“I appreciate the hard work Shaq has put into this program,” said Swinney. “Sometimes a player needs a change. I support his decision and will help him any way I can. I wish him nothing but the best.”
- NFL suspends Bryant for substance abuse
- Clemson-Wofford will kickoff new service from ESPN
- Latest Bowl Projection for Clemson
- Scott on QB rotation against Wofford
- Clemson releases depth chart for Wofford
- WATCH: Clemson Football - "It's Time"
- WATCH: Clemson Football 2015 Hype Video
- Photo: Louisville to wear alternate uniforms against Clemson
- TV Network Affiliates for Wofford at Clemson
- Bryant dealing with issues outside of football