|Clemson OT to transfer|
Clemson, S.C.—Clemson junior offensive tackle Shaq AnthonyShaq Anthony
RS Jr. Offensive Tackle
#76 6-4, 276
View Full Profile will transfer to another school. Anthony met with Tigers Head Coach Dabo Swinney on Thursday morning to discuss his decision.
“I have enjoyed my time at Clemson and appreciate the opportunity I’ve had,” said Anthony. “This is an outstanding program, but I wish to make a clean start at a program where I can hopefully be a starter. I want to thank all the Clemson coaches, my teammates and the Clemson family for their support. I will always be a Tiger.”
Anthony lettered in 2012 and 2013 and played in 17 games over those two years, five as a starter. He redshirted the 2011 season and was listed as a backup offensive tackle entering fall camp. The native of Williamston, S.C. played in 10 games last year for the Tigers’ 11-2 team that finished seventh in the final USA Today Coaches Poll.
“I appreciate the hard work Shaq has put into this program,” said Swinney. “Sometimes a player needs a change. I support his decision and will help him any way I can. I wish him nothing but the best.”
- Missing Clemson Associate AD found dead
- Jeopardy question involving Clemson
- Boulware signs a Gamecocks helmet: "This is our State/Country!"
- Clemson defensive tackle to transfer
- WATCH: Hunter Johnson can nail passes at goal posts
- Clemson athletics leader reported missing
- Pagano says goodbye to Clemson
- Photo: Clemson car racing at Lucas Oil 200
- Clemson announces 2017 Football Gameday Designations
- WATCH: Boulware, Wilkins prank teammates with Sour Patch Kids