|Clemson Hosts VMI on Monday in Men's Basketball|
|Friday, December 27, 2013 4:59 PM-||
CLEMSON (8-3, 0-0 ACC) vs. VMI (6-5, 0-0 Big South)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Philip Sikes-color)
Web: ESPN3 (Mike Morgan-pbp; Nate Ross-color)
• Clemson closes out the non-conference portion of its schedule Thursday against VMI; it is the first meeting between the two schools since the the 1963-64 season.
• The two have played in Clemson on two occasions, both at Fike Fieldhouse. This will be the first meeting at Littlejohn Coliseum.
• A win would give Clemson its best non-conference record since the 2010-11 team went 11-3, Brad Brownell's first season.
CU Series W-L record: Clemson leads 6-1
Streak: Clemson has won the last five meetings
• Monday's game features two contrasting styles. VMI is third in the NCAA in scoring at 89.5 points per game, while Clemson's defense allows a national-best 53.0 per contest.
• Like Clemson, VMI is 6-0 at home. The Keydets are 0-5 on the road, which includes losses against ACC teams Wake Forest and Virginia Tech.
• Clemson has produced three of the four best scoring defense performances in the ACC in 2013-14. The Tigers held Furman (35), Delaware State (37) and Coastal Carolina (40) all to 40 points or less. Only Virginia (40 vs. Hampton) has held an opponent to 40 or less this season.
• Despite losing two multi-year starters in the post, Clemson is fourth among ACC teams with a +7.9 rebound margin. The Tigers have enjoyed a double digit rebounding edge six times this season, and are 5-1 in those games.
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile and Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile are both among the ACC's top 10 in free throw accuracy. McDaniels is shooting 89.8 percent on the season and Hall is at 84.4 percent.
• Clemson is proud to offer a "Take a Kid to the Game" promotion for Monday's game against VMI. Anyone who purchases a regular price ticket and asks for the special will receive one youth ticket (12 and under) for each regularly priced ticket purchased.
• Tickets are available at the Littlejohn Coliseum box office (east gate) beginning one hour prior to tipoff.
- ACC Baseball Championship moved up due to forecast
- Clemson named regional host for 2016 NCAA Baseball Tournament
- Clemson fan puts '3-9 sign' on Gamecock Bus
- WATCH: Analyst says Watson is NOT a Top 5 QB for 2017 NFL Draft
- Blossomgame makes his decision on the NBA
- Ben Boulware trolls FSU after Clemson wins ACC Title
- WATCH: Clemson celebrates 2016 ACC Baseball Championship
- Latest NCAA Regional projection for Clemson Baseball
- 19 Clemson students rescued from Kentucky cave
- Former Clemson safety signs contract with Colts