Clemson Hosts Florida A&M Friday in Season Opener
Hall will be counted on as the floor general for Clemson.
Clemson (0-0) vs. Florida A&M (0-0)
Tipoff: 7 p.m.
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (10,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
Web: ESPN3 (Don Munson-pbp; Bob Mihalic-color)
• Clemson begins its 47th and final season in Littlejohn Coliseum as we know it Friday against Florida A&M; the facility is scheduled to undergo a massive rebuild, beginning next spring.
• The Tiger program is 65-37 all-time in season openers, but has won its last 29.
• Clemson has made five of its 11 NCAA Tournament berths in seasons following appearances in the NIT.
CU Series W-L record:
Clemson leads 2-0
Streak: Clemson has won both previous meetings
• Clemson opens its 2014-15 season Friday as it hosts Florida A&M for the third time, and first since the 2012-13 season.
• The Tigers have won both previous meetings. Five players on the 2014-15 roster played in the meeting two years ago, led by Jordan RoperJordan Roper
#20 6-0, 165
View Full Profile who posted 16 points and Rod HallRod Hall
#12 6-1, 205
View Full Profile who notched 10 assists.
• Florida A&M assistant coach Bruce Martin played at Clemson from 1991-95. He was a member of the famed “Slab Five” in Rick Barnes’ first season (1994-95), when Martin led the Tigers with 64 three-point goals.
• Clemson held its only public exhibition Nov. 8 against Anderson and defeated the Division-II Trojans, 62-36.
• Donte GranthamDonte Grantham
#15 6-8, 205
View Full Profile is expected to start Friday for the Tigers. Since 2006, only three freshmen have started their first career games for Clemson.