|Clemson Hosts FSU in Home ACC Opener|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Tuesday, January 7, 2014 5:00 PM||
CLEMSON (10-3, 1-0 ACC) vs. FLORIDA STATE (9-4, 0-1 ACC)
Tipoff: 7:05 p.m.
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: RSN (Wes Durham-pbp; Cory Alexander-color)
• Clemson opened ACC play at Boston College with a 62-60 win, its first on the road to open league play since 2008-09.
• The Tigers meet the Seminoles in their home ACC opener Thursday; it is the third straight season the two have met for Clemson’s first conference game at Littlejohn Coliseum.
• Both teams have played UMass; the Tigers lost 62-56 and the Seminoles handed the Minutemen their only loss this season, 60-55.
CU Series W-L record:
Florida State leads 34-28
Florida State has won the last four meetings
• Clemson held Boston College to 17 points in the first half, the fewest the Tigers allowed in a half to an ACC team since Georgia Tech (15) last season in Atlanta.
• Clemson and Florida State met three times last season and the Seminoles won all three games; all three were decided by five points or less.
• Brad Brownell’s first win over a ranked team as Clemson’s coach came in 2010-11 against No. 22 Florida State; his Tigers defeated the Seminoles 62-44 at Littlejohn Coliseum that season.
• Thursday’s contest pits the top two shot-blocking teams in the ACC against one another; both have 88 blocks in 13 games so far this season, while Clemson is first (.351) and FSU second (.369) in field goal percentage defense.
• Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile needs just four assists Thursday to reach 200 for his career. He would be the 29th player in Clemson history with at least 200 assists.
• Hall has compiled 25 assists against just three turnovers at home.
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile has a higher scoring average against Florida State (12.4 ppg) than he does against any other ACC opponent.
• All youth tickets (12 and under) will be $10.
• The first 1,000 students through the door will receive a free hot dog and drink.
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- Clemson DB out for spring after ACL surgery
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Clemson ranked in Top 25 of Preseason ranking
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec