|Clemson Hosts Belmont in NIT Quarterfinals|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, March 24, 2014 7:27 PM||
CLEMSON (22-12) vs. BELMONT (26-9, 14-2 OVC)
Tipoff: Tuesday, March 25 (7 p.m.)
Tickets: 1-800-CLEMSON or ClemsonTigers.com (http://bit.ly/1hV4IpM)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN (Rich Hollenberg-pbp; Jimmy Dykes-color)
• Clemson faces Belmont for the first time Tuesday with the right to advance to New York City for the NIT semifinals on the line.
• Clemson beat Illinois in the second round, 50-49. Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile made the go-ahead layup with 9.3 seconds left. It was the first time since 2009 that Clemson won a game in regulation after trailing heading into the final 10 seconds.
• Sunday’s game was the most attended NIT game this season.
CU Series W-L record: First meeting
• Clemson enters Tuesday’s game ranked atop the NCAA stats in defending the three with a .279 figure. Belmont has made 311 three-pointers, fifth-most in the country. The Bruins shoot it at a .393 rate, 17th-best in the NCAA.
• The Tigers can set a school record Tuesday by winning their sixth game in the month of March. Clemson matched the school record of five, held by the 2006-07 team that advanced to the NIT championship game, with Sunday’s win over Illinois.
• Sunday’s win over Illinois was Clemson’s first this season when trailing with one minute left in regulation.
• This is the fourth time Clemson plays with only one day of preparation between non-tournament games. The Tigers are 2-1 in games following one day of rest, most recently beating Miami 58-54.
• The Tigers have blocked nine shots in each of their first two NIT games and are leading the ACC in the category at 6.1 per game.
• K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile became the 21st underclassman and 37th player overall in school history to reach 1,000 career points in Clemson’s most recent game.
|Discuss this update on the Basketball Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|