|Clemson Hosts 16th-Ranked Virginia Saturday|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:36 PM||
CLEMSON (15-8, 6-5 ACC) vs. No. 17/16 VIRGINIA (20-5, 11-1 ACC)
Tipoff: 12 p.m.
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPN2 (Carter Blackburn-pbp; Sean Farnham-color)
• Clemson takes on its second ranked foe in Littlejohn Coliseum this season Saturday as No. 17/16 Virginia comes to town.
• The Tigers are in search of their second home win over a top-25 ACC team; the last time Clemson beat two top-25 teams at home in the same season was 2003-04.
• Saturday begins a stretch of five home games over the last seven for the Tigers, including three straight to end the regular season.
CU Series W-L record: Virginia leads 68-53
Streak: The two teams split last season
• Clemson last defeated a ranked Virginia team in 2011-12, Brad Brownell’s second season at the helm of the program.
• The Tigers have won four straight at home over the Cavaliers; Virginia’s last win in Littlejohn came in 2006-07 on a tip-in by Jason Cain at the buzzer.
• Clemson is coming off a double overtime loss at Notre Dame, its first double overtime game since the 2007-08 season. In that game, K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile had 30 points, 14 rebounds and six blocks.
• McDaniels was the first ACC player since Maryland’s Lonny Baxter in 2000 with at least 30 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks in a game. He is only the second player in school history to produce those numbers across those three categories, joining Dale Davis who did it against Western Carolina in 1991.
• McDaniels is now second among ACC players in scoring and rebounding in league games, averaging 17.3 points and 8.4 rebounds per game.
• Rod HallRod Hall
#4 6-1, 210
View Full Profile, who tripled his career output last time out with his 12th double figure scoring effort this season, has an even 500 points in his Tiger career.
• All youth tickets (ages 12 and under) are $10, redeemable at any of the Littlejohn Coliseum gates.
• Fans who show Saturday's ticket stub receive half-price admission to the Clemson vs. Eastern Michigan baseball game scheduled for 2:30 p.m. at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
|TigerNet Staff can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org||
Post your comments
|Discuss this update on the Player Board - Chat about this update in TigerActive Chat|