|Clemson vs Georgia is a 'Blimpworthy' Matchup|
|Press Release - Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:40 AM||
“Year-after-year, we have to thank the thousands of college football fans across the country who vote and make Blimpworthy a huge success,” said Gary Melliere, Goodyear's General Manager - Brand/Sponsorships. “We are excited to fly the Goodyear Blimp above and provide stunning aerial coverage to the University of Georgia for their kick-off weekend game against Clemson University.”
The poll launched with an announcement during the August 20th edition of ESPN’s SportsNation broadcast, with fans voting on ESPN’s dedicated “Blimpworthy” websites to decide where the Goodyear Blimp would provide aerial coverage. Fans had until August 26th to pick from the three highly anticipated college football games.
Goodyear’s blimps are among the most recognizable brand icons, representing the largest tire company in North America. They have adorned the skies since 1925.
Today, the fleet consists of three North American airships - Spirit of America in Carson, CA; Spirit of Innovation in Pompano Beach, FL, and the newest airship, Wingfoot One, which was christened on Saturday, August 23 and based in Akron, OH.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 69,000 people and manufactures its products in 50 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com.
- Clemson rated as #1 overrated bowl winner for 2015 season
- Spurrier tells Gamecock fans to circle the Clemson game
- Clemson GA has accepted position with Buffalo Bills
- Photo: C.J. Spiller and Ray Ray McCloud
- Howard's Rock vandal faces additional charges and jail time
- DMac is Back, and he's excited about the chance to work with young secondary talent
- Rex Ryan: Watkins is a "Once in a 10 year type player"
- Anthony named Award Winner at Senior Bowl
- Watson listed on SI.com's Early Heisman Watch
- WATCH: Smith hits game winner in final sec