|Clemson vs Georgia is a 'Blimpworthy' Matchup|
|Press Release - Thursday, August 28, 2014 10:40 AM||
AKRON, Ohio, August 27, 2014 – With 69 percent of the vote, the premier matchup of University of Georgia vs. Clemson University, was named winner of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company’s “Blimpworthy” poll, earning aerial coverage by the iconic Goodyear Blimp during the August 30th college football contest. This matchup was officially announced as the winner on ESPN’s Numbers Never Lie, defeating matchups between West Virginia University vs. University of Alabama (21 percent), and Boise State University vs. University of Mississippi (10 percent).
“Year-after-year, we have to thank the thousands of college football fans across the country who vote and make Blimpworthy a huge success,” said Gary Melliere, Goodyear's General Manager - Brand/Sponsorships. “We are excited to fly the Goodyear Blimp above and provide stunning aerial coverage to the University of Georgia for their kick-off weekend game against Clemson University.”
The poll launched with an announcement during the August 20th edition of ESPN’s SportsNation broadcast, with fans voting on ESPN’s dedicated “Blimpworthy” websites to decide where the Goodyear Blimp would provide aerial coverage. Fans had until August 26th to pick from the three highly anticipated college football games.
Goodyear’s blimps are among the most recognizable brand icons, representing the largest tire company in North America. They have adorned the skies since 1925.
Today, the fleet consists of three North American airships - Spirit of America in Carson, CA; Spirit of Innovation in Pompano Beach, FL, and the newest airship, Wingfoot One, which was christened on Saturday, August 23 and based in Akron, OH.
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 69,000 people and manufactures its products in 50 facilities in 22 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com.
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"