|Clemson Football Season Tickets Reach Six-Year High|
|Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:17 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson Athletic Ticket Office announced today football season ticket totals have approached 56,000, marking the highest distributed total since the 2008 season. The total does not include nearly 12,000 student tickets available to each game.
“As we continue to move forward and compete for ACC and national championships, this level of support from our passionate fans is not only appreciated, it’s vital for our success,” director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. “Our fans are the best in the nation, and we’ve challenged our department to continue to improve their experience each time they come to Memorial Stadium.”
With the assistance of Verizon and CCIT, Clemson upgraded the Distributed Antenna System in Memorial Stadium and throughout the athletic district in an effort to increase connectivity for patrons and students attending sporting events. Aramark has also installed credit card machines at every concession stand throughout Memorial Stadium. The video boards will feature a new clean, consistent graphics package, while captioning of the public address announcer will be shown along the north and south ribbon boards.
Additionally, the department developed the Solid Orange Fan Advisory Board, a cross-section of fans to help assess the needs and desires of those who fill each of the athletic department’s stadiums.
The 55,824 season tickets marks the most since a total of 58,134 in 2008, and the season ticket mark has risen each of the last three years, climbing from 52,221 in 2012 to 55,086 in 2013.
Clemson opens its seven-game home season Sept. 6 against South Carolina State. Kickoff is scheduled for 12:30 p.m., and gates open at 10:30 a.m. More information about the game is available at ClemsonTigers.com.
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- Auburn to make Clemson feel at home with "Orange Out"
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Herbstreit on Clemson's offense "Best in the country"
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- WATCH: Roscoe Crosby's inspirational journey back to Clemson