|Clemson Football Season Tickets Reach Six-Year High|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:17 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. – The Clemson Athletic Ticket Office announced today football season ticket totals have approached 56,000, marking the highest distributed total since the 2008 season. The total does not include nearly 12,000 student tickets available to each game.
“As we continue to move forward and compete for ACC and national championships, this level of support from our passionate fans is not only appreciated, it’s vital for our success,” director of athletics Dan Radakovich said. “Our fans are the best in the nation, and we’ve challenged our department to continue to improve their experience each time they come to Memorial Stadium.”
With the assistance of Verizon and CCIT, Clemson upgraded the Distributed Antenna System in Memorial Stadium and throughout the athletic district in an effort to increase connectivity for patrons and students attending sporting events. Aramark has also installed credit card machines at every concession stand throughout Memorial Stadium. The video boards will feature a new clean, consistent graphics package, while captioning of the public address announcer will be shown along the north and south ribbon boards.
Additionally, the department developed the Solid Orange Fan Advisory Board, a cross-section of fans to help assess the needs and desires of those who fill each of the athletic department’s stadiums.
The 55,824 season tickets marks the most since a total of 58,134 in 2008, and the season ticket mark has risen each of the last three years, climbing from 52,221 in 2012 to 55,086 in 2013.
Clemson opens its seven-game home season Sept. 6 against South Carolina State. Kickoff is scheduled for 12:30 p.m., and gates open at 10:30 a.m. More information about the game is available at ClemsonTigers.com.
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Clemson flag flies over US/NATO headquarters in Afghanistan
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels
- WATCH: Time lapse of LJC Demolition Efforts
- Isaiah Battle prepares for his NFL pro day
- 6 Tigers included in Athlon's Preseason All-Sophomore and All-Rookie Team