|Clemson Continues to Excel in APR Across All Sports|
|Wednesday, May 14, 2014 3:11 PM-||
CLEMSON, S.C. – Clemson University’s 18 athletic programs each exceeded the NCAA baseline Academic Progress Rate thresholds for the 2012-13 year, according to data released by the NCAA today.
The football program was recognized last week for its multiyear total ranking among the top 10 percent of all FBS programs and is one of only five FBS programs ranked in the top 10 percent each of the last four years. Clemson is the only FBS program nationally to finish each of the last three seasons in the top 25 of both polls on the field, and in the top 10 percent of APR scores in the classroom.
During the 2012-13 academic year, six programs posted perfect 1000 single-year scores including men’s and women’s cross country, diving, women’s soccer, women’s tennis and volleyball.
“The APR metrics announced today show a great commitment by our coaches and academic staff to creating positive environments and experiences for our student-athletes both in the classroom and on the fields and courts of competition,” director of athletics Dan Radakovich said.
ABOUT THE APR
The Academic Progress Rate is a real-time measure of eligibility and retention of student-athletes competing on every Division I sports team.
The most recent APR scores are based on a multi-year rate that averages scores from the 2009-10, 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13 academic years. Under the revised penalty structure, the Division I Board of Directors has set a cut score of 930 (out of 1,000) as a threshold for teams to meet or face possible sanctions. An APR of 930 projects a 50 percent Graduation Success Rate (GSR).The goal of the NCAA's academic performance program is improvement, not punishment. Not only does the program ensure accountability for student-athletes, teams and institutions, but also it provides fairness by considering individual circumstances per team and school.
- Clemson student crowned Miss South Carolina 2016
- ESPN lists 2 Tigers poised for breakout seasons
- Clemson Football season tickets sold out
- Former NFL standout picks Clemson to win it all
- Clemson will not charge students for football tickets this season
- ESPN lists Boulware as teammate that inspires others
- Swinney in Top 10 rankings of CFB Coaches
- NFL.com ranks Gallman as a Top 10 CFB running back
- WATCH: Clemson Football Hype Video 2016
- NFL.com ranks Watson #1 QB to watch in 2016