|Clemson Bball travels to Auburn on Thursday|
|Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:56 PM-||
CLEMSON (8-2, 0-0 ACC) vs. AUBURN (4-3, 0-0 SEC)
Tipoff: 8 p.m. ET
Arena: Auburn Arena (9,121)
Radio: CTSN (Pete Yanity-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: Fox Sports Net (Dave Neal-pbp; Larry Conley-color)
• Clemson travels to Auburn, AL for its second straight road game against an SEC team. It marks Clemson’s first game at Auburn since the 1935-36 season.
• The Tigers have won their first six home games, a first since the 2008-09 Clemson team won its first nine at Littlejohn Coliseum.
• Clemson held Furman to 35 points Saturday, the ninth time the Tigers have allowed less than 40 in the 35-second shot clock era.
CU Series W-L record:
Auburn leads 14-11 overall, 6-4 at Auburn
Streak: Clemson has won the last four meetings
• Clemson and Auburn have met just once since the 1974-75 season, and that occurred in the 1993 postseason NIT when Cliff Ellis coached the ACC Tigers. Ironically, Ellis went on to coach at Auburn starting in the fall of 1994.
• Auburn’s second-leading scorer, KT Harrell, played against Clemson in 2010-11 for Virginia. He posted four points in the Cavaliers’ 49-47 win.
• Clemson is No. 1 in the nation in scoring defense and field goal percentage defense, fifth in three-point percentage defense and free throw accuracy, and eighth in blocks per game according to the NCAA’s latest statistics.
• Thursday’s game will be a homecoming of sorts for K.J. McDanielsK.J. McDaniels
#32 6-6, 200
View Full Profile, who is from Birmingham. He will have a large group of family on hand at Auburn.
• Jordan RoperJordan Roper
#20 5-11, 165
View Full Profile posted double figures in Clemson’s most recent game against Furman, his first such game since Temple on Nov. 21.
• Sidy DjitteSidy Djitte
#50 6-10, 240
View Full Profile has posted 10 rebounds in consecutive games for the Tigers. He is the first Tiger freshman to post double digit rebounds in two straight games since Chris Hobbs did it against The Citadel and Northwestern in 2000-01.
- GameDay crew makes CFP picks: Where does Clemson stand?
- Clemson ranked in Top 2 of Preseason Top 25 Poll
- Alexander: "It’s time to prove people wrong"
- Deshaun Watson featured in Jeopardy question
- Lawson selected #19 overall in 2016 NFL Draft
- Lawson signs endorsement deal ahead of NFL Draft
- Former Clemson DE signs with Seahawks
- Report: Clemson assistant to become head coach
- Photo: Concept Uniform for Clemson Football
- Alexander selected #54 overall in 2016 NFL Draft