Clemson Basketball preview vs. Virginia
CLEMSON (11-5, 1-3) vs. VIRGINIA (12-3, 2-2)
Date: Saturday, Jan. 14
Tipoff: 12 p.m. ET
Arena: Littlejohn Coliseum (9,000)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ACCN (Bob Rathbun-pbp; Mike Gminski-color)
• Clemson has played three of its four ACC games on the road; the Tigers return home Saturday, where they are 7-1 so far this season.
• The Tigers look to snap a five-game losing skid in the series. Clemson's last victory came in 2012-13, a 59-44 win in Littlejohn Coliseum.
• Clemson last won an ACC regular season game with one day of preparation in 2013-14, when the Tigers beat Miami 58-54, two days after a double overtime thriller with Maryland. Virginia has not played since Sunday, when the Cavaliers won at home over Wake Forest.
CU Series W-L record: Virginia leads 72-53
Streak: Virginia has won the last five meetings
• Jaron Blossomgame has scored 20 or more points in three straight games, and in 14 of Clemson's last 20 ACC regular season games dating to 2015-16.
• He now has 16 career games with 20+ points against ACC teams, most by a Tiger since Terrell McIntyre produced 20 such games from 1995-99.
• Blossomgame needs 24 points to pass Tree Rollins for 12th on the all-time Clemson scoring list, and 26 to move ahead of Cliff Hammonds for 11th.
• Blossomgame averaged 27 points per game in two contests a season ago against Virginia. He had 31 in the most recent meeting in Greenville.
• Avry Holmes is off to a hot start from three-point range in ACC play, converting 11 of 24 attempts for a 45.8 percent clip. His mark ranks ninth among all players in league games.
• Holmes is in the top 10 overall in the ACC in both three-point (.382) and free throw shooting (.788).
• Shelton Mitchell has paced the Tigers in assists for five straight games, averaging five per outing over that stretch.