Clemson Basketball Preview vs. FSU
CLEMSON (13-8, 3-6) vs. FLORIDA STATE (19-4, 7-3)
Date: Sunday, Feb. 5
Tipoff: 12:30 p.m. ET
Arena: Donald L. Tucker Center (12,100)
Radio: CTSN (Tony Castricone-pbp; Tim Bourret-color)
TV: ESPNU (Anish Shroff-pbp; Cory Alexander-color)
• Clemson has won two straight ACC games after enduring a six-game slide in the month of January; the Tigers won at Pitt and returned home with a 12-point triumph over Georgia Tech last time out.
• The Tigers are in search of their third win over Florida State in the last four trips to Tallahassee. Clemson won in back to back seasons, 2013-14 and 2014-15. Jaron Blossomgame averaged 12 points and 6.5 rebounds per game in the two victories. Blossomgame needs just four points to move into the top 10 in Clemson history in scoring.
CU Series W-L record: Florida State leads 38-31
Streak: Florida State won the most recent meeting
• The win over Georgia Tech on Wednesday was Clemson's 12th straight at home in the series with the Yellow Jackets; it marks the longest home winning streak in program history over another ACC team.
• Brad Brownell is No. 2 in Clemson coaching history with 55 wins over ACC teams, passing Oliver Purnell for sole possession of second with the win over Georgia Tech. Brownell needs five wins to pass Cliff Ellis for first place.
• Avry Holmes is shooting 51 percent from three in ACC play; it is the best accuracy in league games by a Tiger since Michael Tait (.545) in 1986-87.
• Holmes already has 24 threes halfway through the league schedule; last season, he made just 25 over the course of 18 ACC regualr season games.
• Elijah Thomas, who made his first start at home against Georgia Tech, responded with his first career double-double (12 points, 10 rebounds).
• Donte Grantham has averaged 10.8 points and 5.8 rebounds per game over Clemson's last four contests.
• Jaron Blossomgame has scored double figures in 20 of Clemson's 21 games.