Clemson Baseball preview vs. Duke
DURHAM, N.C. - The Tigers travel to Durham, N.C., to take on Duke in a three-game series at Jack Coombs Field this weekend.
• Who - Clemson (22-7, 7-5 ACC) vs. Duke (15-14, 4-8 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - No. 21 BA, No. 17 CB, No. 16 USA; DUK - NR
• When - Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (1 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Durham, N.C. (Jack Coombs Field)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 129-66-2 (1904-2015)
• Record at Duke - Clemson leads 50-28-1 (1916-12)
• Clemson rallied to defeat Georgia 11-6 on the road on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.3 runs per game and hitting .287 with a .400 on-base percentage and 25 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.60 ERA, .243 opponents’ batting average and 2.42 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .961.
• Duke is led by fourth-year head coach Chris Pollard.
• The Blue Devils downed UNC Greensboro 7-4 on Tuesday. They are hitting .252 and have a 3.71 ERA and .974 fielding percentage.
• Justin Bellinger is batting .410, Chris Proctor is hitting .313, Jimmy Herron has 10 steals and Zack Kone has four homers and 25 RBIs.
• Clemson pitching coach Andrew See was the pitching coach at Duke from 2013-15.
• Clemson has trailed entering the seventh inning of a game 10 times this season and has won five of those games.
• Seth Beer (25) and Chase Pinder (23) both have active on-base streaks of 23+ games.
GREENE STEPPING UP AT THIRD BASE
• Freshman Jordan Greene played sparingly in the first quarter of the season. But with no one taking command at third, he has stepped up.
• He has started the last six games at third and has played 12 games overall (seven starts). Clemson is 6-1 with him in the starting lineup.
• He is hitting .269 with one double, four RBIs, seven runs, a .424 on-base percentage and one steal.
• He has reached base in all five plate appearances when leading off an inning.
• He hit the go-ahead, run-scoring single in the eighth to give Clemson a 4-3 win over Pittsburgh on April 3.
• The next game, he led off the ninth inning with a walk in a tie game and came around to score the winning run at Georgia on April 5.