Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Georgia Southern
The Tigers travel to Statesboro, Ga., to take on Georgia Southern in a three-game series this weekend.
• Who - Clemson (32-17) vs. Georgia Southern (30-20)
• Rankings - CU - No. 23 BA, No. 24 USA; GSU - NR
• When - Friday (7 p.m.), Saturday (7 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Statesboro, Ga. (J.I. Clements Stadium)
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 57-29-1 (1959-15)
• Record at Georgia Southern - Clemson leads 20-16-1 (1960-14)
• Clemson split its midweek home series against College of Charleston after winning two of three games over No. 9 NC State last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.7 runs per game and hitting .277 with a .388 on-base percentage and 44 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 4.53 ERA, .267 opponents’ batting average and 2.09 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .959.
GEORGIA SOUTHERN OVERVIEW
• Georgia Southern is led by 17th-year head coach Rodney Hennon.
• The Eagles split a midweek series against North Florida. They are hitting .258 and have a 3.78 ERA and .968 fielding percentage.
• Logan Baldwin is batting .310 with 14 steals, while Ryan Cleveland is hitting .298 with 12 homers, 16 doubles, 49 RBIs and 11 steals.
• Clemson has a 19-3 record in non-conference games.
• Clemson is 22-2 when outhitting the opponent.
• Clemson has not played a game away from home since April 17 (Louisville).
START IT UP
• Clemson has been successful putting its leadoff batter on base, as that batter is hitting .308 with a .430 on-base percentage in 2016.
• Clemson has put at least two leadoff batters on base in every game in 2016 and at least three leadoff batters on base in 44 of the 49 games.
• Tiger leadoff batters have 58 walks and 18 hit-by-pitches against only 71 strikeouts.
• Seth Beer is 14-for-23 (.609) with six walks, two hit-by-pitches and a .710 on-base percentage when leading off an inning.
• Jordan Greene is 7-for-14 (.500) with seven walks against one strikeout and a .667 on-base percentage when leading off an inning.