Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Cougars
The Tigers conclude their 13-game homestand when they host Monte Lee’s former team, College of Charleston, in a two-game, midweek series.
• Who - College of Charleston (24-21-1) vs. Clemson (31-16)
• Rankings - COC - NR; CU - No. 23 BA, No. 24 USA
• When - Tuesday (6:30 p.m.), Wednesday (4 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ESPN3
• TV Announcers - Marty Clary & Bob Mihalic
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (105.5FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (both games) - Family Four Pack - Purchase four tickets and a $10 concession voucher for only $30.
• Promotion (Tuesday) - Two on Tuesday - Buy one regular-price ticket and get one of equal value for free.
• Promotion (Wednesday) - BOGO Wednesday - Purchase one regular-price ticket and get one of equal value for free.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 24-1 (1899-2015)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 17-1 (1899-2015)
• Tuesday - LHP Evan Sisk (COC) vs. RHP Brooks Crawford (CU)
• Wednesday - TBA (COC) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson won two of three games over NC State last weekend at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.6 runs per game and hitting .275 with a .388 on-base percentage and 41 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 4.59 ERA, .268 opponents’ batting average and 2.08 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .960.
COLLEGE OF CHARLESTON OVERVIEW
• College of Charleston is led by first-year head coach Matt Heath.
• The Cougars won one of three games at UNC Wilmington last weekend. They are hitting .255 and have a 4.49 ERA and .966 fielding percentage.
• Bradley Jones is hitting .301 with 11 homers and 44 RBIs, while Carter Love has seven saves and a 2.20 ERA in 19 relief appearances.
• Clemson is 8-8 when it scores in the first inning and 23-8 when not scoring in the first inning.
• Monte Lee served as head coach at College of Charleston, also his alma mater, for seven seasons from 2009-15.
• Seth Beer is hitting a team-high .441 in non-conference games.
WINNING SEASONS THE NORM
• The Tigers have had a winning record every year since 1965.
• With its 31-16 record in the 2016 season, Clemson is guaranteed a winning record for the 52nd season in a row.
• Clemson’s 52-year streak is the third-longest active streak in the nation, trailing two ACC schools (Florida State 69, Miami (Fla.) 59).
• Clemson has had a non-losing record, which includes seasons with equal number of wins and losses, every season since 1958.
• Bill Wilhelm took over as head coach of the Clemson program in 1958, therefore the Tigers have not had a losing record since he took over.
• Clemson’s 59-year streak of non-losing records is tied for the second-longest active streak in the nation, trailing only Florida State (69).
BACK-TO-BACK TOP-10 SERIES WINS
• Clemson won back-to-back series against No. 3/4 Florida State and No. 9 NC State in May, meaning Clemson won two top-10 series in a row.
• It was the first time since 1994 and just the second time since the ACC went to a three-game series format in 1990 that Clemson did that.
• In 1994, Clemson won two of three games against No. 3 Miami (Fla.) and two of three games against No. 2 Florida State.