|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Wake & Notes|
CLEMSON, S.C. - Riding a four-game winning streak, No. 14 Clemson takes its 3-0 ACC record to Wake Forest for a three-game series starting Friday night.
• Who - Clemson (10-5, 3-0 ACC) at Wake Forest (12-6, 2-1 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - No. 14 BA, No. 18 USA; WFU - NR
• When - Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Winston-Salem, NC (Wake Forest Baseball Park)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 124-53-1 (1901-2013)
• Record at Wake Forest - Clemson leads 46-30 (1952-12)
• Friday - RHP Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP Jack Fischer (WFU)
• Saturday - LHP Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (CU) vs. LHP John McLeod (WFU)
• Sunday - RHP Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP Connor Kaden (WFU)
• Clemson edged Appalachian State 2-1 at home Wednesday to up its winning streak to four.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.9 runs per game and hitting .301 with a .367 on-base percentage and 29 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.23 ERA, .256 opponents’ batting average, 2.80 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and .958 fielding percentage.
WAKE FOREST OVERVIEW
• Wake Forest is led by fifth-year Head Coach Tom Walter.
• The Demon Deacons split a pair of midweek games. They are hitting .264 and have a 3.13 ERA and .964 fielding percentage.
• Freshman Will Craig is hitting a team-best .382 with three homers, 13 RBIs, and a .455 on-base percentage.
• Clemson has outscored its opponents 20-4 in the first inning and has scored in the first inning in 10 of its 15 games.
• The Tigers are 8-0 when holding their opponents to less than five runs.
• Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile (16) and Tyler SlatonTyler Slaton
#18 5-7, 200
View Full Profile (12) are riding double-digit hitting streaks.
GOSSETT TOPS THE ROTATION
• Junior righthander Daniel Gossett was Clemson’s Friday starter all of 2013 and has been the same in 2014.
• He has a 1-0 record, 2.78 ERA, .195 opponents’ batting average, and 28 strikeouts against six walks in 22.2 innings pitched (four starts).
• He is holding opponents to a .154 batting average with two outs.
• In his career, he is 17-7 with a 3.27 ERA, .214 opponents’ batting average, and 206 strikeouts against 83 walks in 198.0 innings pitched.
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State