|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. WCU & Notes|
• Who - Clemson (6-4) at Western Carolina (7-2)
• Rankings - CU - #15 BA, #20 USA; WCU - NR
• When - Tuesday (4 PM)
• Where - Cullowhee, NC (Hennon Stadium)
• Watch - WMYA (My 40), ESPN3
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (104.9 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 56-15 (1974-13)
• Record at Western Carolina - Clemson leads 16-10 (1979-13)
WESTERN CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• Western Carolina is led by seventh-year Head Coach Bobby Moranda.
• The Catamounts swept La Salle by a combined score of 33-20 over the weekend. They hit .304 and have a 4.22 ERA and .973 fielding percentage.
• Taylor Sandefur is hitting a team-high .467, while Bradley Strong is batting .389 with four stolen bases.
• The Tigers suffered a three-game sweep at three different sites at the hands of #3 South Carolina over the weekend.
• The Tigers average 6.2 runs per game and hit .304 with a .370 on-base percentage and 19 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.60 ERA, .263 opponents’ batting average, 3.54 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and .958 fielding percentage.
• Clemson has outscored the opposition 16-4 in the first inning.
• Clemson is second in the ACC with a .304 batting average, including .331 against lefthanders.
• Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile, Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile, and Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile have all reached base safely in all 10 games this season.
• Duggar (19) and Krieger (11) have active double-digit hitting streaks dating to 2013.
SLATON LEADING OFF SLATE
• Junior outfielder Tyler SlatonTyler Slaton
#18 5-7, 200
View Full Profile is hitting .390 with a .447 on-base percentage and two steals as Clemson’s leadoff batter.
• He has reached base as the leadoff batter 11 times in 18 opportunities (61 percent) and has a team-high five multi-hit games.
• He received the Bob Bradley Award as Clemson’s MVP of the South Carolina series from February 28 to March 2, where he was 7-for-14.
- Fox Sports analyst: "Clemson is a fraud"
- Swinney sends plea to Clemson fans about ACC title game
- Swinney on media reporting on allegations of racial slurs: "They should be fired"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Clemson moves up in CFB Playoff Rankings
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Watson climbing in latest Heisman Watch
- ESPN analysts think Clemson is better than Ohio State