|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. UVA & Notes|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers hit the road to face the Cavaliers in Charlottesville this weekend in a matchup of top-15 teams.
• Who - Clemson (20-12, 9-5 ACC) vs. Virginia (28-5, 12-3 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - No. 14 BA, No. 22 CB, No. 14 USA; UVA - No. 2 BA, No. 3 CB, No. 2 USA
• When - Friday (6 p.m.), Saturday (2:30 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Charlottesville, Va. (UVa Baseball Stadium)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
SPORTSMANSHIP WEEK IN THE ACC
• The ACC is sponsoring “ACC Sportsmanship Week” from April 7-13. The two teams will shake hands prior to each game this weekend.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 103-50 (1955-13)
• Record at Virginia - Clemson leads 40-27 (1956-12)
• Friday - LHP Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (CU) vs. LHP Nathan Kirby (UVA)
• Saturday - TBA (CU) vs. RHP Josh Sborz (UVA)
• Sunday - TBA (CU) vs. LHP Brandon Waddell (UVA)
• The Tigers are coming off a 6-2 loss at home against Georgia on Tuesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.5 runs per game and hitting .292 with a .361 on-base percentage and 57 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 4.17 ERA, .245 opponents’ batting average and 2.15 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .957.
• Virginia, who is 18-1 at home in 2014, is led by 11th-year Head Coach Brian O’Connor.
• The Cavaliers defeated James Madison on the road 9-3 Tuesday. They are hitting .283 and have a 2.01 ERA and .987 fielding percentage.
• Mike Papi is hitting .330 and leads the team in runs (33), homers (6), RBIs (30) and walks (31).
• Virginia is holding ACC opponents to a .177 batting average and only 16 extra-base hits in 15 games.
• Virginia has allowed more than four runs in a game only two times in 2014. Three of its five losses have been by one run as well.
• In its first 30 games, Clemson had three outfield assists. In the last two games, it has four outfield assists.
ROCK SOLID ROTATION
• The regular weekend rotation of Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile, Matthew Crownover and Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile has been a bright spot of the pitching staff in 2014.
• The trio has combined for an 11-2 record, a 2.72 ERA and 112 strikeouts and has allowed just 102 hits in 119.1 innings pitched.
• Gossett is 3-0 with a 2.25 ERA, Crownover is 6-2 with a 2.23 ERA and Long is 2-0 with a 4.06 ERA.
• In ACC games, the trio has combined for a 7-1 record, 2.49 ERA and 64 strikeouts and has allowed just 52 hits in 72.1 innings pitched.
• In ACC games, Gossett is 2-0 with a 1.98 ERA, Crownover is 4-1 with a 2.05 ERA and Long is 1-0 with a 4.40 ERA.
- Coca-Cola to release commemorative Clemson Championship can
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- Report: Muschamp says 'Game On' after Clemson wins title
- Clemson RB to transfer
- Clemson OL to transfer
- WATCH: Clemson's epic tribute video for Dabo Swinney
- Clemson finishes #2 in ESPN's final FPI
- Boulware calls out Twitter troll...Again
- WATCH: Alabama fans react to Renfrow's game-winning TD
- Pagano makes his NFL decision