|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. SC & Notes|
|Thursday, February 27, 2014 2:20 PM-||
• Who - Clemson (6-1) vs. South Carolina (7-0)
• Rankings - CU - #11 BA, #16 CB, #16 USA; USC - #3 BA, #5 CB, #14 USA
• When - Friday (7 PM), Saturday (2 PM), Sunday (4 PM)
• Where - Columbia, SC (Carolina Stadium) Friday; Greenville, SC (Fluor Field) Saturday; Clemson, SC (Doug Kingsmore Stadium) Sunday
• Watch - Fox Sports South (Friday), WMYA (My 40) & ESPN3 (Saturday), TigerCast (Sunday)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets (Sunday) - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Sunday) - Social Sunday. Show voucher at @ClemsonBaseball on Twitter/Instagram and receive $2 seasoned fries.
FAN FEST & TIGER WALK SATURDAY
• Fan Fest will be on Main Street outside of Fluor Field. Fan Fest opens at 10:00 AM.
• Clemson’s bus will arrive at the corner of Main and Markley Street at Fluor Field at 11:00 AM. There will be a Tiger Walk into the stadium.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 170-131-2 (1899-2013)
• Record at South Carolina - South Carolina leads 80-66-2 (1900-2013)
• Record at Neutral - Tied 8-8 (1899-2013)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 96-43 (1907-2013)
• South Carolina is Clemson’s most-common opponent in history, as the two teams have faced off 303 times dating to 1899.
• The two have met at least one time every year since 1945, with the exception of 1984.
• South Carolina leads the series 6-2 at Carolina Stadium (opened in 2009).
• South Carolina leads the series 2-1 at Fluor Field (opened in 2006). The first game there between the two was in 2010.
• Clemson leads the series 49-26 at Doug Kingsmore Stadium (opened in 1970).
• Friday - RHP Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (CU) vs. LHP Jordan Montgomery (USC)
• Saturday - LHP Jack Wynkoop (USC) vs. LHP Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (CU)
• Sunday - RHP Wil Crowe (USC) vs. RHP Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile (CU)
SOUTH CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• Led by second-year Head Coach Chad Holbrook.
• The Gamecocks swept Eastern Kentucky at home last weekend. They have not allowed a run in 51 consecutive innings over six games.
• Kyle Martin leads the team at the plate, going 12-for-24 (.500) with two homers and eight RBIs.
• Clemson defeated Presbyterian College 4-2 on Tuesday at Doug Kingsmore Stadium to extend the Tigers’ winning streak to six games.
• The Tigers average 7.3 runs per game and hit .322 with a .388 on-base percentage and 17 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 2.81 ERA, .246 opponents’ batting average, 4.91 strikeout-to-walk ratio, and .976 fielding percentage.
• Of Clemson’s 35 players on its active roster, 15 are from the state of South Carolina.
• Steven DuggarSteven Duggar
#9 6-1, 185
View Full Profile and Tyler KriegerTyler Krieger
#3 6-2, 170
Johns Creek, GA
View Full Profile have hit safely in all seven games in 2014. Duggar is also riding a 16-game hitting streak dating to 2013.
• Freshman Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile leads the team in RBIs (11), while both of Clemson’s homers have been by players who came off the bench.
TIGERS 14-3 AT FLUOR FIELD
• Clemson has a 14-3 record at Fluor Field in Greenville, SC. That includes a six-game winning streak (2011-13).
• The Tigers have outscored the opposition 144-55 at Fluor Field.
• The only teams to defeat Clemson at Fluor Field are South Carolina (2010,11) and Presbyterian College (2011).
BOB BRADLEY AWARD PRESENTED SUNDAY
• Clemson’s MVP of the South Carolina series will be presented the Bob Bradley Award. The Gamecocks’ MVP will receive the Tom Price Award.
• The two late athletic communications directors served as baseball contacts for their respective schools for decades.
KRIEGER LEADING TEAM AT THE PLATE
• Sophomore infielder Tyler Krieger is 12-for-24 this season and is leading the team with a .500 batting average.
• He has a team-tying-high eight runs along with four walks against only one strikeout.
• He has started all 69 games of his Tiger career at shortstop and has a career fielding percentage of .953.
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"