|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Notre Dame|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers begin ACC play with a three-game home series against Notre Dame, the same team they ended the 2016 regular season against.
• Who - Notre Dame (3-8, 0-0 ACC) vs. Clemson (9-3, 0-0 ACC)
• Rankings - UND - NR; CU - No. 9 BA, No. 15 CB, No. 11 USA
• When - Friday (6:30 p.m.), Saturday (4 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - ACC Network Extra
• TV Announcers - Marty Clary, Pete Yanity
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Friday) - Greek Night - Watch Clemson sororities and fraternities battle throughout the night to determine a champion.
• Promotion (Friday) - Baseball Trading Cards - The first 1,000 fans receive player trading cards (part of a set of the entire roster).
• Overall Record - Tied 5-5 (1994-16)
• Record at Clemson - Notre Dame leads 3-1 (1994-15)
• Clemson, who was won eight of its last nine games, defeated Michigan State 9-2 at Fluor Field in Greenville, S.C., on Wednesday night.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.9 runs per game and hitting .274 with a .393 on-base percentage and 14 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 2.68 ERA, .239 opponents’ batting average and 4.69 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .968.
NOTRE DAME OVERVIEW
• Notre Dame is led by seventh-year head coach Mike Aoki.
• The Fighting Irish have won two games in a row. They are hitting .234 and have a 6.75 ERA and .945 fielding percentage.
• Daniel Jung is hitting a team-high .474 with two homers, while Nick Podkul is batting .341. Matt Vierling has added two homers and 12 RBIs.
• Chris Williams' extra-inning home run in the series opener at Notre Dame late in 2016 keyed Clemson's series sweep and postseason run.
• Logan Davidson and Reed Rohlman have both reached base in each of the Tigers' 12 games in 2017.
• Robert Jolly, who played 10 games with seven starts, leads the team in runs (11).
GILLIAM PROVIDING RELIEF
• Sophomore righthander Ryley Gilliam has cemented his role as the Tiger closer in 2017.
• He is 1-0 with one save, an 0.82 ERA and 18 strikeouts against four walks in 11.0 innings pitched over five relief outings.
• He has allowed only four hits and has a .114 opponents' batting average, while opponents are 0-for-11 with two outs.
• In the 1-0 win over Elon on Feb. 24, he allowed just one hit, no runs and no walks with nine strikeouts in 4.1 innings pitched in relief.
• He combined with Charlie Barnes and Brooks Crawford for a school-record 23 strikeouts against no walks versus Elon on Feb. 24.
• He gave up two hits and one earned run with four strikeouts in 3.1 innings pitched in two Tiger wins over No. 4 South Carolina on March 4,5.
• In his career, he is 4-2 with a save, 4.71 ERA, .203 opponent's batting average and 34 strikeouts in 42.0 innings pitched over 20 outings.