|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. NC State & Notes|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers face NC State in Saturday-Monday series at Doug Kingsmore Stadium in three televised games.
• Who - NC State (17-11, 3-9 ACC) vs. Clemson (19-9, 8-3 ACC)
• Rankings - NCS - NR; CU - No. 16 BA, No. 23 CB, No. 15 USA
• When - Saturday (1 p.m.), Sunday (3 p.m.), Monday (7 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - RSN, ESPN3 (Saturday), ESPNU (Sunday, Monday)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tigers Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Sunday) - Social Sunday. Show coupon on Twitter/Instagram at @ClemsonBaseball and receive 16 oz. drink for $2.
• Promotion (Monday) - Military Appreciation Day - Military veterans and active-duty members can purchase half-price tickets at the gate.
MILITARY APPRECIATION DAY MONDAY
• Our nation’s military heroes will be honored during Monday night’s game against NC State.
• Representatives from ROTC, Air Force and the Marines will throw out ceremonial “first pitches.”
• Fireworks will be shot off during the national anthem and during the game.
• “God Bless America” will be sung during the game.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 112-75-1 (1921-13)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 56-24-1 (1921-12)
• Saturday - RHP Andrew Woeck (NCS) vs. LHP Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (CU)
• Sunday - LHP Carlos Rodon (NCS) vs. LHP Zack ErwinZack Erwin
So. LH Pitcher
#33 6-4, 180
View Full Profile (CU)
• Monday - LHP Ryan Williamson (NCS) vs. TBA (CU)
• Clemson has won five games in a row and is coming off two midweek home wins over Furman (13-2) and Winthrop (4-2).
• The Tigers are averaging 7.0 runs per game and hitting .300 with a .371 on-base percentage and 52 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.12 ERA, .244 opponents’ batting average and 2.20 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .960.
NC STATE OVERVIEW
• NC State is led by 18th-year Head Coach Elliott Avent.
• NC State had midweek wins over Campbell and East Carolina. NC State is hitting .267 and has a 3.03 ERA and .973 fielding percentage.
• Brett Austin is hitting .377 with a .451 on-base percentage and five steals.
• Clemson entered the weekend first in the ACC in batting average (.300), slugging percentage (.440), doubles (66) and homers (18).
• Clemson’s leadoff batters of an inning have a .402 on-base percentage.
• In the last five games, Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile is 11-for-18 (.611) with six doubles, two homers, a 1.278 slugging percentage and eight runs.
MOYER STEPPING UP IN BULLPEN
• Freshman righthander Drew MoyerDrew Moyer
Fr. RH Pitcher
#20 6-3, 205
View Full Profile has provided valuable innings in long relief.
• In 16.1 innings pitched over 10 relief appearances, he is 1-0 with one save, a 3.86 ERA and 16 strikeouts.
• In 14.0 innings pitched over his last six outings, he has allowed just two runs (1.29 ERA) and 13 hits (.245 opponents’ batting average).
• He pitched 4.0 scoreless innings in relief at Wake Forest in the first game of a doubleheader on March 15 to earn his first career save.
• In his next outing, he tossed 4.0 scoreless innings of two-hit ball at Georgia Southern on March 19 to earn his first career win.
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home