|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Maryland & Notes|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Thursday, March 27, 2014 11:54 AM||
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers travel to College Park for the last time as ACC foes this weekend in Atlantic Division matchup.
• Who - Clemson (15-9, 6-3 ACC) at Maryland (16-6, 5-4 ACC)
• Rankings - CU - No. 20 BA, No. 22 USA; UMD - No. 25 CB
• When - Friday (6:30 p.m.), Saturday (2 p.m.), Sunday (1 p.m.)
• Where - College Park, Md. (Bob Smith Stadium)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 121-41 (1923-13)
• Record at Maryland - Clemson leads 43-28 (1954-12)
• Friday - RHP Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP Jake Stinnett (UMD)
• Saturday - LHP Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (CU) vs. RHP Mike Shawaryn (UMD)
• Sunday - RHP Jake LongJake Long
RS Jr. RH Pitcher
#39 5-10, 180
View Full Profile (CU) vs. TBA (UMD)
• Clemson is coming off a 16-4 victory at Georgia on Tuesday night. It was the Tigers’ most runs scored at Georgia since 1981.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.0 runs per game and hitting .298 with a .369 on-base percentage and 47 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 4.61 ERA, .255 opponents’ batting average, 2.06 strikeout-to-walk ratio and .961 fielding percentage.
• Maryland is led by second-year Head Coach John Szefc.
• The Terrapins are coming off a three-game sweep of NC State at home. They are hitting .257 and have a 3.06 ERA and .977 fielding percentage.
• Anthony Papio is hitting .313 with one homer, nine RBIs and six steals.
• Friday marks the first time Head Cocah Jack Leggett faces a top-25 Maryland team. He is 52-10 against the Terrapins as Clemson’s head coach.
• Clemson (47) and Maryland (46) are first and second, respectively, in the ACC in steals.
• Clemson is in the midst of a 12-game stretch (that ends with the Maryland series) with nine road games.
• Clemson has hit 13 home runs, but no Tiger has more than two. Five different Tigers are tied for the team lead with two long balls.
WILSON SOLIDIFYING ROLE AT THIRD
• Freshman infielder Weston WilsonWeston Wilson
#8 6-3, 195
High Point, NC
View Full Profile has cemented his starting spot at third base of late with his timely hitting and solid defense.
• He is hitting .291 with two doubles, two homers, 14 RBIs, 10 runs and two steals in 19 games (17 starts).
• He is hitting .353 with two outs.
• He has committed only three errors in 48 chances (.938 fielding percentage) and has made many diving stops.
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Clemson moves up in latest ESPN team recruiting rankings
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- WATCH: MTV Cribs-style Tour with Artavis Scott
- Corso can't wear FSU costume due to a previous Clemson-FSU GameDay incident
- Clemson ranked in the Top 15 of the Preseason Coaches' Poll
- Swinney: "Best secondary since I've been at Clemson in 13 years"
- Clemson ranked #1 in three categories by The Princeton Review
- William Perry's Super Bowl Ring sells for over 200K
- Report: Former Clemson LB to play for Wisconsin