|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. MSU|
The Tigers return to Fluor Field to face Michigan State on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• Who - Clemson (8-3) vs. Michigan State (9-1)
• Rankings - CU - No. 9 BA, No. 15 CB, No. 11 USA; MSU - NR
• When - Wednesday (7 p.m.)
• Where - Greenville, S.C. (Fluor Field)
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - ClemsonBaseball
• Overall Record - Michigan State leads 10-7-1 (1935-15)
• Record at Neutral - Clemson leads 3-1 (2009-15)
• RHP Tyler Jackson (CU) vs. LHP Joe Mockbee (MSU)
• Clemson won two of three games against No. 4 South Carolina last weekend.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.6 runs per game and hitting .280 with a .399 on-base percentage and 12 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 2.83 ERA, .240 opponents’ batting average and 4.32 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .968.
MICHIGAN STATE OVERVIEW
• Michigan State is led by eighth-year head coach Jake Boss Jr.
• The Spartans went 3-0 in a tournament in Greenville last weekend. They are hitting .340 and have a 3.54 ERA and .957 fielding percentage.
• Marty Bechina is hitting .400 with three doubles, four homers, nine RBIs, 11 runs and has three of the team's 28 stolen bases.
TIGERS AT FLUOR FIELD
• Clemson has a 20-6 all-time record at Fluor Field in Greenville, S.C.
• The Tigers have outscored the opposition by a combined score of 211-110 at Fluor Field, an average score of 8.1-4.2.
• The only teams to defeat Clemson at Fluor Field are South Carolina (2010,11,14,15), Presbyterian College (2011) and Michigan State (2015).
• Clemson is the designated visiting team and will occupy the third-base dugout at Fluor Field.
• Each of the last four meetings in the series have taken place at Fluor Field. The Spartans beat the Tigers 8-6 in the last meeting in 2015.
• A total of 48 of 100 Tiger leadoff batters have reached base in 2017.
• Clemson has won 10 games in a row away from home since losing at Georgia Southern on May 14, 2016.
• The streak includes five road wins and five neutral-site wins.
• The Tigers won their last eight games away from home in 2016, including a 4-0 record in the ACC Tournament to win the league championship.
• The wins are over Georgia Southern, Notre Dame (3), Virgnia, Louisville, Wake Forest, Florida State and South Carolina (2) in the streak.
• The current 10-game win streak away from home is Clemson's longest since it won 11 in a row in 1995 from Feb. 18 to March 26.
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season