|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Liberty & WCU & Notes|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, April 21, 2014 5:11 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers return home for a pair of midweek games against Liberty and Western Carolina.
• Who - Liberty (31-9) & Western Carolina (26-12) vs. Clemson (24-15)
• Rankings - LIB - NR; WCU - NR; CU - No. 22 BA, No. 20 USA
• When - Tuesday (6:30 p.m.), Wednesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network (Tuesday), WCCP (104.9 FM) (Wednesday)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion (Tuesday) - Fans can obtain free tickets by filling out a short form on ClemsonTigers.com.
• Promotion (Wednesday) - Get a Family Four Pack of tickets for $20 at ClemsonTigers.com or at the gate (additional tickets are $5).
SERIES HISTORY (LIBERTY)
• Overall Record - Liberty leads 5-2 (1988-13)
• Record at Clemson - Tied 2-2 (1988-99)
SERIES HISTORY (WESTERN CAROLINA)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 56-16 (1974-14)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 39-5 (1974-13)
• Clemson won two of three games at Pittsburgh last weekend by scores of 3-2 (11 innings) and 3-0.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.1 runs per game and hitting .286 with a .356 on-base percentage and 65 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.97 ERA, .236 opponents’ batting average and 1.94 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .961.
• Liberty is led by seventh-year Head Coach Jim Toman.
• The Flames won both games at Gardner-Webb last weekend. They are hitting .295 and have a 2.41 ERA and .972 fielding percentage.
• Ryan Seiz is hitting a team-high .414 with 15 doubles, one triple, 10 homers, 36 RBIs and a .713 slugging percentage in 40 games.
WESTERN CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• Western Carolina is led by seventh-year Head Coach Bobby Moranda.
• The Catamounts won both games at The Citadel last weekend. They are hitting .295 and have a 4.14 ERA and .964 fielding percentage.
• Adam Martin is hitting .331 with nine homers and 46 RBIs, while Jacob Hoyle is batting .313 with 10 homers and 35 RBIs.
• The Catamounts defeated the Tigers 18-10 in Cullowhee, N.C. on March 4.
• During the series at Pittsburgh last weekend, Clemson had a streak of 23 innings in a row without allowing a run.
• Clemson has a stellar .974 fielding percentage in ACC games.
• Clemson is second in the ACC Atlantic Division standings with a 12-8 mark behind Florida State (16-5).
• In the overall ACC standings, Clemson is fourth behind Florida State, Virginia (16-5) and Miami (Fla.) (15-5 entering Monday night’s game).
ACC NUMBERS BETTER
• Many of Clemson’s statistical numbers are better in ACC games compared to non-conference games.
• Clemson’s ERA (3.54 ACC, 4.42 non-ACC) and fielding percentage (.974 ACC, .947 non-ACC) are both drastically better in ACC games.
• Clemson has hit 14 of its 21 home runs in ACC games and is slugging .418 in ACC games compared to .397 in non-ACC games.
• Clemson’s opponent batting average is better in ACC games (.227) compared to non-ACC games (.245).
• Clemson is 7-4 in ACC road games and 2-3 in non-ACC road games.
- Watson takes the high road in response to Spurrier comments
- Spurrier talks Clemson and Watson at impromptu press conference
- No jail for Rogers, but will miss 2015 Clemson football season
- New Faces Set for ESPN College Football Studio Shows
- Swinney discusses rivalry with Gamecocks on SportsCenter
- Ebenezer Ogundeko arrested for March assault
- Swinney calls for Notre Dame to join a conference to make College Football Playoffs
- Da'Quan Bowers signs with NFL team
- WATCH: C.J. Spiller goes home to Mac's Drive-In
- MUST SEE: A Son's Inspiration - Deshaun Watson's powerful story