|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. Georgia So. & Notes|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers travel to Statesboro, Ga. for the first time since 1995 to take on high-powered Georgia Southern in a two-game, midweek series.
• Who - Clemson (12-6) at Georgia Southern (16-4)
• Rankings - CU - No. 13 BA, No. 18 USA; GSU - NR
• When - Tuesday (6 p.m.), Wednesday (4 p.m.)
• Where - Statesboro, Ga. (J.I. Clements Stadium)
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (104.9 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 54-27-1 (1959-13)
• Record at Georgia Southern - Clemson leads 19-15-1 (1960-95)
• Clemson won its final two games at Wake Forest by scores of 16-6 and 7-4 after losing the first game 4-3.
• The Tigers are averaging 7.2 runs per game and hitting .306 with a .374 on-base percentage and 37 stolen bases.
• The pitching staff has a 4.28 ERA, .252 opponents’ batting average, 2.67 strikeout-to-walk ratio and .963 fielding percentage.
GEORGIA SOUTHERN OVERVIEW
• Georgia Southern is led by 15th-year Head Coach Rodney Hennon.
• The Eagles won one of three games at Elon last weekend. They are hitting .327 and have a 2.59 ERA and .963 fielding percentage.
• Aaron Mizell is hitting .390 with five doubles, one triple, eight homers, 24 RBIs and three steals, while Garrett Chapman is batting .408.
• Georgia Southern Head Coach Rodney Hennon was a player at Western Carolina under Head Coach Jack Leggett in 1990 and 1991.
• Jack Leggett has been a head coach for 1,999 career games. He also has 899 wins as Clemson’s head coach.
• In six ACC games, Clemson is hitting .327 with a .532 slugging percentage, .387 on-base percentage and 16 steals.
• Clemson is tied for first place with Florida State in the ACC Atlantic Division standings with a 5-1 league record.
• In the overall ACC standings, Clemson is tied for first place with Florida State and Virginia.
BAUM KEY TO CLEMSON'S OFFENSE
• Junior infielder/outfielder Jay BaumJay Baum
#13 6-0, 190
View Full Profile has been Clemson’s best hitter in league games, as he is hitting .500 in ACC games.
• He has five doubles, five RBIs, seven runs, a .538 on-base percentage and four steals in ACC games.
• Overall, he is hitting .324 with six doubles, one triple, 10 RBIs, 13 runs and six steals.
• He has started 10 games in left field and eight games at third base.
• Clemson is 5-0 when he totals multiple hits.