|Clemson Baseball Preview vs. CCU & Notes|
|Clemson Athletic Communications - Monday, April 14, 2014 7:17 PM||
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers face Coastal Carolina for the first time since 2012 in a midweek game at Doug Kingsmore Stadium.
• Who - Coastal Carolina (17-20) vs. Clemson (21-14)
• Rankings - CCU - NR; CU - No. 22 BA, No. 20 USA
• When - Tuesday (6:30 p.m.)
• Where - Clemson, S.C. (Doug Kingsmore Stadium)
• Watch - TigerCast
• Listen - TigerCast, WCCP (104.9 FM)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - ClemsonTigers.com, 1-800-CLEMSON
• Promotion - Two For Tuesday - All tickets are buy one, get one free.
STUDENT APPRECIATION NIGHT
• Tuesday is Student Appreciation Night. Students will receive free t-shirts, tanks, sunglasses and koozies courtesy of University Village.
• One student will win a roundtrip ticket on Southwest Airlines.
• Students can enter a raffle to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
• Students will receive double points (6) on ROAR Student Rewards.
• Overall Record - Clemson leads 42-8 (1986-12)
• Record at Clemson - Clemson leads 30-6 (1988-12)
• The Tigers lost two of three game at No. 2 Virginia last weekend, both by a single run.
• The Tigers are averaging 6.2 runs per game and hitting .285 with a .355 on-base percentage and 58 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.95 ERA, .239 opponents’ batting average and 2.09 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .959.
COASTAL CAROLINA OVERVIEW
• Coastal Carolina is led by 19th-year Head Coach Gary Gilmore.
• The Chanticleers won two of three games at Radford last weekend. They are hitting .259 and have a 3.46 ERA and .959 fielding percentage.
• Connor Owings is hitting a team-high .338 with 10 doubles, one triple, two homers, 20 RBIs and five steals.
• The Tigers outscored No. 2 Virginia 9-5 and outhit it 20-14. Clemson held Virginia to its fewest runs (5) in a home ACC series since 2005.
• Seven of Clemson’s nine regular starters in the field are hitting .295 or better.
• Clemson pitchers have combined for a 3.30 ERA and .230 opponents’ batting average in ACC games this season.
• Clemson is in third place in the ACC Atlantic Division standings with a 10-7 league mark behind Florida State (14-4) and Wake Forest (11-7).
• In the overall ACC standings, Clemson is in fifth place behind Florida State, Miami (Fla.) (14-4), Virginia (14-4), and Wake Forest.
ERWIN LIMITING DAMAGE
• Sophomore lefthander Zack ErwinZack Erwin
So. LH Pitcher
#33 6-4, 180
View Full Profile has been valuable as both a long and short reliever along with being a starter in 2014.
• He is 2-2 with two saves, a 4.25 ERA and .214 opponents’ batting average in 42.1 innings pitched over 16 appearances (four starts).
• He has 36 strikeouts against 14 walks.
• As a reliever, he is 1-0 with a 2.62 ERA and .181 opponents’ batting average along with 21 strikeouts against seven walks in 12 outings.
• He has allowed only two of 15 inherited runners to score.
- Clemson student named Miss South Carolina 2015
- Details on Lakip's arrest
- Lakip charged with cocaine possession, DUI
- Deshaun Watson ranked #1 quarterback in CFB
- Photo: Clemson Groomsman Cake
- Vegas odds on Clemson 2015 season
- Clemson ranked in Top 10 for Gameday Experience
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- WATCH: Paulsen makes #1 play on SportsCenter Top 10 list