|Clemson Baseball Nashville Regional Preview & Notes|
CLEMSON, S.C. - The Tigers head to the Nashville Regional with No. 1 seed Vanderbilt, No. 2 seed Oregon and No. 4 seed Xavier.
• Who - Clemson (36-23) vs. Oregon (42-18)
• Rankings - CU - NR; ORE - No. 20 CB, No. 18 USA
• When - Friday (1 p.m.)
• Where - Nashville, Tenn. (Hawkins Field)
• Watch - ESPN3
• ESPN3 Announcers - Chris Burke, Dave Neal
• Listen - TigerCast, Clemson Tiger Sports Network
• CTSN Affiliates - WCCP 105.5 FM (Clemson), WQSC 1340 AM (Charleston), WZMJ 93.1 FM (Columbia), WLSC 1240 AM (Loris), WKDK 1240 AM (Newberry)
• Live Stats - ClemsonTigers.com
• Social Media - Twitter/Instagram (@ClemsonBaseball)
• Tickets - VUCommodores.com/Tickets/Vand-Tickets-Baseball.html
• Overall Record - 0-0
• Clemson won two of three games in the ACC Tournament at Greensboro, N.C.
• The Tigers are averaging 5.6 runs per game and hitting .276 with a .354 on-base percentage and 89 steals.
• The pitching staff has a 3.69 ERA, .236 opponents’ batting average and 2.04 strikeout-to-walk ratio and Clemson is fielding .963.
• Oregon is led by sixth-year Head Coach George Horton.
• The Ducks won one of three games over California last weekend. They are hitting .259 and have a 3.03 ERA and .976 fielding percentage.
• Mitchell Tolman is hitting a team-high .315 with 17 doubles, three triples, two homers, 46 RBIs, a .441 on-base percentage and five steals.
TIGERS TO PLAY IN NASHVILLE REGIONAL
• Clemson (36-23), the No. 3 seed, opens the Nashville Regional by playing No. 2 seed Oregon (42-18) on Friday at 1 p.m. on ESPN3.
• The Tigers will be the designated visiting team and occupy the first-base dugout Friday.
• The winner of Clemson’s game plays the winner of the game between No. 1 seed Vanderbilt (41-18) and No. 4 seed Xavier (29-27).
• The winner of the Nashville Regional plays the winner of the Bloomington (Ind.) Regional from June 6-9.
• Clemson has played just one game at Vanderbilt in its history. The Tigers closed the 1984 season (April 28) with a 11-5 win at Vanderbilt.
LEGGETT & CORBIN TIES
• Vanderbilt Head Coach Tim Corbin was an assistant coach at Clemson under Head Coach Jack Leggett from 1994-02.
• The Tigers made four College World Series trips (1995, 1996, 2000, 2002) in Corbin’s nine seasons at Clemson.
• Leggett hand-picked Corbin from Presbyterian College, where he was the head coach of the non-Division I school for six years (1988-93).
• Leggett and Corbin have never met as opposing head coaches.
CLEMSON'S NCAA TOURNEY HISTORY
• Clemson plays in its 39th all-time NCAA regional when it plays in the Nashville Regional.
• The 39 appearances are fifth-most in NCAA history, trailing only Texas (56), Florida State (52), Miami (Fla.) (43) and Oklahoma State (40).
• Clemson has been to the NCAA Tournament every year since 1987 except one (2008).
• The Tigers have been to the NCAA Tournament 27 of the last 28 years.
• Clemson has made nine super regional appearances, with its last in 2010.
• The Tigers have made 12 trips to the College World Series, with its last in 2010.
• Clemson has a 113-83 record (.577) in NCAA Tournament games.
• Clemson is 68-43 (.613) under Head Coach Jack Leggett in NCAA Tournament play, including a 40-9 record (.816) in home NCAA Tournament games.
• Leggett has taken the Tigers to a regional 20 times in the 21 years he has been Clemson’s head coach.
• Clemson’s last meeting against a Pac-12 team was in the 2010 College World Series against Arizona State, a 6-3 Tiger victory.
• Clemson has won 18 games in a row when it scores at least five runs and 20 games in a row when it scores at least six runs.
• Clemson has outscored its opponents in all but one of the nine innings. Opponents have outscored the Tigers 45-39 in the fifth inning.
• Not only does Daniel GossettDaniel Gossett
Jr. RH Pitcher
#23 6-0, 180
View Full Profile have a 1.78 ERA, he has only allowed two unearned runs, meaning he has a stellar 1.95 run average.
ACC TOURNAMENT RECAP
• Clemson had a 2-1 record in the ACC Tournament at Greensboro, N.C. The Tigers beat No. 4 seed Duke (5-3) and No. 1 seed Miami (Fla.) (3-2).
• Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile’s walkoff single in the ninth inning lifted Clemson to a 3-2 win over No. 3 Miami on May 22 after the Tigers trailed 2-0.
• Clemson hit .245 with 16 walks and a .362 on-base percentage in the tourney. Garrett BoulwareGarrett Boulware
#30 6-1, 210
View Full Profile and Wilkerson both went 4-for-11 (.364).
• The pitching staff had a 2.67 ERA, .228 opponents’ batting average and 23 strikeouts against only seven walks in 27.0 innings pitched.
- Swinney calls out NFL scouts on Watson's draft grade
- Report: Muschamp says 'Game On' after Clemson wins title
- WATCH: Finebaum argues with an Alabama fan that Clemson is #1
- WATCH: Epic Clemson song "It's Natty time"
- Deshaun Watson will make his MTV debut
- Report: Browns are enamored with Deshaun Watson
- Senator wants new license plate to celebrate Clemson's title
- Watson ranked #1 in ESPN's 2016 Top 50
- WATCH: Fake radio call of Clemson-Ohio State
- Boulware gets National Championship tattoo