|Clemson 7, Maryland 1 Friday - Game 2|
|Friday, March 28, 2014 9:02 PM-||
COLLEGE PARK, MD. – Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile’s three-run homer in the first inning and Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile’s two-run homer in the fifth inning lifted No. 20 Clemson to a 7-1 win over No. 25 Maryland at Bob Smith Stadium in the second game of a doubleheader Friday night. The Tigers (17-9, 8-3 ACC) swept the doubleheader and took a 2-0 series lead over the Terrapins (16-8, 5-6 ACC).
Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (5-2) earned the win by pitching his first career complete game. Maryland starter Mike Shawaryn (5-1) suffered his first loss of the year.
The Tigers totaled 13 hits in the contest, as Wilkerson led the way by going 3-for-4 with two doubles, a homer and three RBIs. The series concludes Saturday at 2 p.m.
Video courtesy of Clemson Athletics
- Swinney reaches out to Purdue coach with heartfelt message
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Chad Morris on Dabo, texting and dancing
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- WATCH: Clemson-FSU Hype Video "Take Tallahassee"
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- ACC announces Game times for Week 10
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama