|Clemson 7, Maryland 1 Friday - Game 2|
COLLEGE PARK, MD. – Steve WilkersonSteve Wilkerson
Sr. 2nd Base
#17 6-1, 195
View Full Profile’s three-run homer in the first inning and Chris OkeyChris Okey
#25 6-0, 180
Mount Dora, FL
View Full Profile’s two-run homer in the fifth inning lifted No. 20 Clemson to a 7-1 win over No. 25 Maryland at Bob Smith Stadium in the second game of a doubleheader Friday night. The Tigers (17-9, 8-3 ACC) swept the doubleheader and took a 2-0 series lead over the Terrapins (16-8, 5-6 ACC).
Matthew CrownoverMatthew Crownover
So. LH Pitcher
#44 5-11, 205
View Full Profile (5-2) earned the win by pitching his first career complete game. Maryland starter Mike Shawaryn (5-1) suffered his first loss of the year.
The Tigers totaled 13 hits in the contest, as Wilkerson led the way by going 3-for-4 with two doubles, a homer and three RBIs. The series concludes Saturday at 2 p.m.
Video courtesy of Clemson Athletics
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Gruden says he would take Watson over Trubisky
- Tigers win 13th in row away from home in rout of BC
- Ben Boulware is pulling for....South Carolina?
- Watson on teams that pass on him: "You gonna have to learn the hard way"
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Clemson with school-record 15 wins in a row away from home