|Charone Peake has minor knee surgery|
|Friday, July 25, 2014 3:58 PM-||
Clemson, S.C.—Clemson red-shirt junior receiver Charone PeakeCharone Peake
RS Jr. Wide Receiver
#19 6-3, 200
View Full Profile suffered a minor knee injury during off season workouts on Wednesday. He had surgery on the knee on Friday morning and will miss at least the first week of practice, which opens on August 1.
“Charone was having a great summer, but tweaked a knee on Wednesday making a reception,” said Head Coach Dabo Swinney. “The surgery was successful and his ACL is fine. He will probably miss the first week of practice and then we will go from there. We expect him to play against Georgia in the season opener.”
Peake started the 2013 season against Georgia and had five catches for 58 yards, helping the Tigers to a 38-35 victory over the fifth-ranked Bulldogs. He then had a touchdown reception and three catches in the second game against South Carolina State. The following week of practice he suffered a torn ACL in practice and missed the rest of the season.
The native of Moore, S.C. and Dorman High School is one of Clemson’s most experienced receivers with 29 games and 751 snaps of experience heading into this year. He has 37 career receptions for 327 yards and three touchdowns.
- Swinney on the firing of Mark Richt
- WATCH: Gamecock fan flips the bird after Clemson TD
- Venables on possibly leaving Clemson for a HC job
- ACC announces game time and network for Championship Game
- Spiller takes a jab at the Gamecocks
- Vegas odds for Clemson-North Carolina
- ESPN announcers for ACC Championship game
- Photo: SC uniforms for Clemson game
- Capital One Orange Bowl is sold out
- Watson surges in latest ESPN Heisman Watch