|Charlie Whitehurst stayed in a log cabin during minicamp|
|Assoc. Editor - Friday, May 2, 2014 4:42 PM-||
Former Clemson quarterback Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile stayed in a log cabin in Tennessee during mini-camp instead of a nice commercial hotel with most of his teammates.
I just thought for these three days … you don't have a lot of free time, I needed a place to stay and it's cheaper than a Holiday Inn," Whitehurst told John Glennon of the Tennessean. "You do hear a few more noises out there. But there's a 12-gauge (shotgun) over the fireplace and shells next to it, so I slept pretty well."
A native of Georgia, Whitehurst still enjoys hunting and the country after eight years on the west coast with the San Diego Chargers and the Seattle Seahawks.
In March, Whitehurst AKA Clipboard Jesus signed a two year contract worth four million to be the Titans' new backup quarterback.
Instagram description: My living quarters the last few nights for minicamp.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- NC State coach's positives vs. Clemson: "We knocked their tailback out of the game"
- Clemson moves up in latest AP Poll
- Report: Gamecocks offer former Clemson DB
- Swinney updates Gallman's status for FSU
- Louisville fans upset about referee at Clemson-UL
- ESPN announcers for Clemson-FSU
- Dwayne Allen explains why he kneeled during anthem
- WATCH: Fake radio call of Clemson-NC State
- Mini-Ben Boulware gets to meet his hero
- Vegas odds on Clemson-Alabama