|Charlie Whitehurst stayed in a log cabin during minicamp|
|by Tony Crumpton - Associate Editor - Friday, May 2, 2014 4:42 PM||
Former Clemson quarterback Charlie WhitehurstCharlie Whitehurst
Quarterback (2002 - 2005)
#6 6-4, 225
View Full Profile stayed in a log cabin in Tennessee during mini-camp instead of a nice commercial hotel with most of his teammates.
I just thought for these three days … you don't have a lot of free time, I needed a place to stay and it's cheaper than a Holiday Inn," Whitehurst told John Glennon of the Tennessean. "You do hear a few more noises out there. But there's a 12-gauge (shotgun) over the fireplace and shells next to it, so I slept pretty well."
A native of Georgia, Whitehurst still enjoys hunting and the country after eight years on the west coast with the San Diego Chargers and the Seattle Seahawks.
In March, Whitehurst AKA Clipboard Jesus signed a two year contract worth four million to be the Titans' new backup quarterback.
Instagram description: My living quarters the last few nights for minicamp.
|Send Feedback to Tony Crumpton: Email | Comment||
- In-State INF commits to Clemson
- Anthony turning heads at Saints' practices
- Clemson lands another 2017 commit
- WATCH: Danny Ford's 1982 Orange Bowl Pregame Speech
- Clemson flag flies over US/NATO headquarters in Afghanistan
- Clemson Athletics extends radio partnership and adds 4 frequencies
- Rockets extend qualifying offer to McDaniels
- WATCH: Time lapse of LJC Demolition Efforts
- Isaiah Battle prepares for his NFL pro day
- 6 Tigers included in Athlon's Preseason All-Sophomore and All-Rookie Team