|Charlie Whitehurst, Chargers agree|
Whitehurst agreed to a two-year contract Friday to return to the Chargers. A short time later, the Chargers released Volek.
Whitehurst's deal is worth $4 million and includes a $1 million signing bonus, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Whitehurst was San Diego's third-string quarterback behind Rivers and Volek from 2006-2009, and never attempted a pass in the regular season.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- ESPN host: "I now actively root against Clemson"
- ESPN analyst says Alabama's worst nightmare is Clemson
- WATCH: Swinney locker room speech and dance moves after ACC Championship win
- Clemson earns #2 seed in College Football Playoff
- Disney employees given tickets to ACC Championship to help fill stadium
- Deshaun Watson named finalist for 2016 Heisman Trophy Award
- Game time announced for Fiesta Bowl
- Boulware wins 2016 Jack Lambert Award
- Latest Heisman odds for Deshaun Watson
- Official Fiesta Bowl Packages Available Now!