|Charlie Whitehurst, Chargers agree|
|Friday, March 16, 2012 11:58 PM-||
Whitehurst agreed to a two-year contract Friday to return to the Chargers. A short time later, the Chargers released Volek.
Whitehurst's deal is worth $4 million and includes a $1 million signing bonus, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Whitehurst was San Diego's third-string quarterback behind Rivers and Volek from 2006-2009, and never attempted a pass in the regular season.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Herbstreit predicts Clemson will win National title
- WATCH: Clemson-Auburn hype video "Sound the Alarm"
- Report: Auburn starting safety arrested
- ESPN: Should Swinney be in trouble over a FaceTime call?
- WATCH: Humphries scores on 73-yard punt return TD
- Photo: Kirk Herbstreit visits Clemson
- Clemson ranked #2 in Preseason AP Top 25
- Clemson freshman OT with a torn ACL
- Carlos Watkins injury update
- Auburn names starting QB vs. Clemson