|Charlie Whitehurst, Chargers agree|
Whitehurst agreed to a two-year contract Friday to return to the Chargers. A short time later, the Chargers released Volek.
Whitehurst's deal is worth $4 million and includes a $1 million signing bonus, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.
Whitehurst was San Diego's third-string quarterback behind Rivers and Volek from 2006-2009, and never attempted a pass in the regular season.
|Send Feedback to TigerNet Staff: Email | Comment||
- Watson to Gruden on how to win a Heisman: "I guess lose a couple games"
- Photo: Deshaun Watson with impressive 605-lb deadlift
- Radakovich, Brownell to meet Saturday morning
- Clemson Baseball moves into Top 10 rankings
- Tigers hit four home runs to down Cougars
- Former Clemson DB signs with Steelers
- 6-year-old writes about Boulware tackling him in dream
- Report: Brownell to return to Clemson next season
- Report: Mike Williams to visit NFC team
- Clemson football autographs dominated the Easter Bunny